2»

Replies

• debtyler61
    Options
    Believe it or not......Wonder Bread...great fiber calorie count per slice
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Any multi-grain bread will be the most healthy. A variety of 12 or more grains is best. Whole grain is good choice too. But multi-grain is better because the variety of grains have a greater diversity of vitamins and minerals and will be digested at different rates. This is important because it helps to level out the blood sugar spike associated with eating single grained bread. So multi-grain > whole grain > any other bread > no carbs.

I think you have that backwards

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/multigrain/AN02047

Yeah...eating no carbs (such as bread) wouldn't exactly spike your blood glucose....
  • jahilmer
    jahilmer Posts: 47
    Options
    I have started to decrease my bread intake due to the fact that bread just really is not that good for you and definitely is bad for husband and diabetes. I fix sandwiches in wheat, low carb tortillas that have 18 grams carbs but 12 of those grams are fiber so you can say 6 grams of carbs vs. eating one piece of bread at 18+ carbs. and most sandwiches take 2 pieces of bread. I eat my tuna rolled in lettuce...when I eat bread sandwiches I eat an open faced sandwich vs. a closed one or I eat 1/2 a sandwich and more fruit and veggies with it. I eat English muffins instead of bread because they are lower in carbs. I try to keep my protein higher and my carbs lower. I drink a lot of water....and I start my days with high protein.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Womp womp womp. They don't exist.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Womp womp womp. They don't exist.
    They still exist in Canada. :smile:

But at 3g of fiber, highly-refined 'enriched' white flour and high-fructose corn syrup, I think I'll pass, thanks.