afternoon snack 3:30 (small snack)
    dinner 6:00
    workout 7:30
    post workout smoothie 9:00
    bed 11:00
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Two + snack, three, or three + snack are the most common for me. I prefer larger amounts of food that will keep me going for at least 4 hours at a stretch.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    About 4... No real regular time span between them though... I don't really believe our bodies will suddenly go catabolic if we don't consume anything more than 3 hours from the previous meal...

Obvious example would be some people/bodybuilders who use intermittent fasting... They eat all their calories in a short period and don't eat for like 16 hours and still build muscle - really just debunks that myth... :bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    About 4... No real regular time span between them though... I don't really believe our bodies will suddenly go catabolic if we don't consume anything more than 3 hours from the previous meal...

Obvious example would be some people/bodybuilders who use intermittent fasting... They eat all their calories in a short period and don't eat for like 16 hours and still build muscle - really just debunks that myth... :bigsmile:

:drinker:

Some of us don't eat for as much as 24-26hrs on occasion.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    4-6 times a day. I find myself eating 6 times a day since I've started Insanity but some days it may just be 4 or 5.
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    5-6 times a day and about 150 to 300 calories each.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    5-6 times.
    Morning around 830AM - meal
    Lunch around 1230pm - meal
    2-4pm -snack
    7pm dinner - meal
    930pm - snack
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 times a day. I have gotten into eating vegetables with my meals that way I can cut my carb intake.
    breakfast
    lunch
    dinner
    I had to try out different meal routines before I fnally got to where I felt comfortable. If I feel the need I snack in between my meals, I also drink plenty of water in between meals as well. Everyone is different try things out and see what works for you.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Five
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    5 times a day for me.

7am - Breakfast
    10am - AM Snack
    1pm - Lunch
    4pm - PM Snack
    70m - Dinner
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I set my alarm on my phone for 06-10-12-14-18-21. Not because I need a reminder to eat as much as it reminds me of my goals of weight loss: to eat consciously healthy planned meals. Just knowing that my alarm will go off in 35 minutes will keep me from snacking on something that is not appropriate and focus on a healthy, planned snack. (I am not saying I won't go ahead and eat if I am hungry, .I am saying it helps keep me on track.) This may not work for everyone, but I have found it very beneficial. So the answer is 6. I plan for 1500 calories 250-100-500-100-450-100....(ISH).
    Good luck to you!!! :-)
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    weekdays: standard breakfast, lunch and dinner. depending on how big my meals are, i might have 0-2 snacks during the day. Plus 1 brotein shake.

weekends: really depends on what is going on, i'm much more likely to just get the calories in when suitable and don't follow a set routine. If I work out early, then I will just go straight to the gym and eat after.

Generally speaking I probably consume ~ 40% of my calories later in the day.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    4-5
    1.breakfast- rarely
    2. lunch
    3, afternoon snack
    4, dinner
    5. evening snack
  • ozonenrhia1
    Options
    I eat 4-5 meals a day. Some days I eat breakfast, normally a slim fast shake or eggs and bacon. Then I have lunch it varies a lot. Then a snack normally a carb and protein then dinner which always has a protein, carb and veggie then another snack normally protein. I eat when I am hungry or if I know I need to such as low cals or macros. I eat a very balanced and yummy food selection although I am burnt out on fruit and veggies all the time and trying to widen my food scope:)
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    There's only one animal off the top of my head that eats 5 times a day and it's a pig.
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options

My knowledge of bodybuilding is near nil, so I was hoping you can give us your take on this:

"Here's something fun to try: Go up to the biggest, most shredded, most muscular dude you know, and say nothing to him but "catabolic." Then proceed to watch him run and hide in the corner, frantically trying to mix up a protein shake and down it in as little time as possible. There, see? No need to be afraid of bigger guys anymore. OK, so maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but to any sort of fitness pro, catabolic can be a scary word."

The War Against Catabolism
    http://foodguru802.blogspot.com/2012/03/war-against-catabolism.html
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Once or twice.