5'10" female 270lbs down to 220lbs!

Options
I started eating healthy at the beginning of January and added a daily exercise regiment at the beginning of February.

I am currently down 52lbs and training for my first 5k in August!

tumblr_inline_mli79pXWRd1rxj6xi.jpg
tumblr_inline_mli79wJ6xa1rxj6xi.jpg

Replies

• Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, there is a huge difference. Definitely inspiration for me :drinker:
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC hunny!!!! keep it up!!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am 5'10, used to be 270, and now I'm 223.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
  • queen263
    queen263 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • k_aLLyN
    k_aLLyN Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow !! Congrats :)
  • phoebegetsfit2
    phoebegetsfit2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love MFP because I know I can celebrate little goals with people who will appreciate them! :smile:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a lot of progress in a little time! Amazing!
  • mab5338
    mab5338 Posts: 14
    Options
    50lbs in 3 months? WOW!
    I have VERY similar stats and would love to know what your calorie totals are, I'm struggling with how many I should be eating. Also your exercise routines, your arms looks great and toned!
  • phoebegetsfit2
    Options
    The first 15lbs kind of just fell off. I think my body was just really shocked that I was eating so healthy.

I started at 1600 calories a day but found that I was too tired all the time and upped my intake to 1800 calories a day. I'm never perfect though, it's just a rough estimate. I don't panic if I go over.
  • daffyduck2012
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    awesome. u can see u lost some in the stomach an d i love pics like that
  • mab5338
    Options
    The first 15lbs kind of just fell off. I think my body was just really shocked that I was eating so healthy.

I started at 1600 calories a day but found that I was too tired all the time and upped my intake to 1800 calories a day. I'm never perfect though, it's just a rough estimate. I don't panic if I go over.

1800!! I'm feeling bad if i'm hitting 1500. Is that including exercising? How much do you work out? Did you cut out certain foods?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm hitting a wall now and your post is inspiring me!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Awesome! great job!
  • phoebegetsfit2
    Options

1800!! I'm feeling bad if i'm hitting 1500. Is that including exercising? How much do you work out? Did you cut out certain foods?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm hitting a wall now and your post is inspiring me!

No questions are stupid. :)

I use a heart rate monitor and try to burn about 600 calories a work out. Or about an hour a day of fairly intense cardio/weight training.

On days that I work out more intensely I actually eat MORE. Think of it like this: Food is fuel. If there is not fuel in the tank (calories in the body) the car won't go.

On a regular day my body burns about 2300 calories without working out. and that is a fairly sedentary lifestyle. taking away 500 calories a day burns about a pound a week. Exercising 500 calories day is another pound a week.

After I lost the first fifteen it's been pretty steady going losing 2-3lbs a week.

Sorry if that was more confusing.
  • mab5338
    Options

No questions are stupid. :)

I use a heart rate monitor and try to burn about 600 calories a work out. Or about an hour a day of fairly intense cardio/weight training.

On days that I work out more intensely I actually eat MORE. Think of it like this: Food is fuel. If there is not fuel in the tank (calories in the body) the car won't go.

On a regular day my body burns about 2300 calories without working out. and that is a fairly sedentary lifestyle. taking away 500 calories a day burns about a pound a week. Exercising 500 calories day is another pound a week.

After I lost the first fifteen it's been pretty steady going losing 2-3lbs a week.

Sorry if that was more confusing.

Thanks! MFP is telling me 1490 to lose 2 a week, I have the same stats as you... looks like I need a heart monitor!
  • vabniullga
    vabniullga Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratuation!!! You are looking great thanks to all your hard work!! Keep it up!
  • phoebegetsfit2
    Options

Thanks! MFP is telling me 1490 to lose 2 a week, I have the same stats as you... looks like I need a heart monitor!

MFP Also wants you to eat back calories that you exercise that almost no one does. So unless you are willing to eat more on days that you workout, I wouldn't recommend doing 1400 a day.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are doing fantastic! Big changes being made =)

I am 5'9" started at 250 and am at 174 in 14.5 months.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Congrats on the transformation. Your hard work is paying off. You can see a big difference. Your doing wonderful. You and only you earned that reflection your getting back in the mirror.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!