Just a vent about being female...

I just love how I can diet and exercise for 3 weeks out of the month, lose 5 pounds and then step on the scale the day after my period starts and gain those 5 pounds back, plus 2 more! I know it isn't real weight gain and I know it will all come off next week, but it sucks for my morale, KWIM?

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Don't weigh in that week. Problem solved.
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    I know that feel bro *fist bump*
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    I hear you! Try not to weigh that week, or remember what's going on with your body and don't let it discourage you.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Don't have periods. Problem solved.
  • Don't have periods. Problem solved.

I wish! haha
  • I totally get you!! Have lost quite a bit of weight, have been feeling great in my smaller clothes and then for 1 week I felt bloated and not comfy with myself. It's a small phase but what encourages me is that I don't look as big when I have my period now. :-)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member

I wish! haha
    There's no medical need to menstruate. I don't and I'm just fine. My gynecologist told me it's not necessary.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83

I wish! haha
    There's no medical need to menstruate. I don't and I'm just fine. My gynecologist told me it's not necessary.

Sounds good, I'm gonna stop doing it in future and see how I get on :)
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    I flip off the scale and tell it to go screw itself.......though loving my BC pills, no periods if I choose =3
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Two words: Multiple Orgasms

Let's put things into perspective :bigsmile:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member

I wish! haha

Unfortunately, the drugs designed to do this make me bleed more. I am considering ablation, but afraid it might be a waste of time and money.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Don't worry, time will take that problem away for good. Then you'll have night sweats, hot flashes every hour or less 24/7, loss of lubrication, and such joys to anticipate. Ande if you're like me, it will last for five or six years.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Huh this is typical of women, next you'll be complaining about the pain of childbirth. Just be thankful you're not male and have to suffer man flu! Then you'd know what real pain is all about................
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    totally agree about not weighing in that week. i get my period the same days of the week each month due to the pill and even though my weigh in day is after it's finished, i still tend to leave it a couple more days that week before weighing in!!
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    I start craving and gaining up to two weeks prior! I too say F that! I love it that my body has produced two children but good grief!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    I hear you. My scale doesn't exist that week or a couple days later, unit I am sure "it" is gone.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    What the heck is man flu?
  • Jocmc631942
    Jocmc631942 Posts: 22 Member

I wish! haha

Unfortunately, the drugs designed to do this make me bleed more. I am considering ablation, but afraid it might be a waste of time and money.

I took depo provera to prevent pregnancy and didnt have a period for 7 years, then got real sick and was put in the hospital because the doctor thought I had swine flu, NO I was pregnant. I now have a 3 year old son, am 44 years old and on this board. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I hear you. My scale doesn't exist that week or a couple days later, unit I am sure "it" is gone.

Me, too. But as long as I stay on track, I'm usually down a bit once it's all over.