Could someone recommend a work out video for an older lady

megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Older with issues, like some bad wrists and knees. But the willingness is there.

Replies

• tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Hi Julia,

Beachbody has a great one called "Tony & The Folks!" It's a great workout and can even be done from a chair if needed. Visit my site at www.itpays2bfit.net, click the "shop" button and search under the name of it.

If you have any questions, let me know!

It's great that you want to get in shape. You can totally do it! :o)

Here's more information about the video:

Tony and the Folks!
    A fun 30 minutes of low-impact fitness for anyone age 55 and up. With trainer Tony Horton.

Price: $9.95

It's never too late to get fit!
    Now there's a great way for anyone age 55 and up, with the help of Tony Horton himself!
    It's Tony & the Folks! A fun half hour of fitness for anyone who wants to ease into a new exercise program. You'll get the heart pumping and blood flowing with each low-impact exercise presented in this program.

Tony keeps you motivated

In just over 30 minutes, Tony & the Folks! will help you:

Increase energy
    Reduce joint stiffness
    Improve flexibility, strength, and balance
    All the moves in this program offer alternate positions to increase or decrease the intensity. It's truly one of the most entertaining ways to achieve and sustain a healthy lifestyle for someone new to fitness.

SPECIAL BONUS!
    After you experience the benefits of this low-impact workout, you'll get Tony's take on maintaining good health and fitness habits in a special "chat with Tony."

Recommended for kids age 55–75! A small pillow, light weights (even soup cans will do), and a chair are all you need to get started.

A portion of the proceeds goes to Concern Foundation, an organization dedicated to funding cancer research. Concern Foundation is an independent volunteer organization dedicated to funding basic cancer research. It has helped raise over $23 million for cancer research since its inception.

Tina
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    In home walking video with Leslie Sansone, you can get it at walmart, low impact but works. I also have some knee issues and i am no spring chicken either!!! hope this helps.:wink::smile:
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Sweatin to the Oldies! I bought the whole set (5 disks -- the 4 workouts and one inspirational) for about $25 on amazon. I loved working out to these with my mom when I was a kid (except they were on VHS back then) and they're wonderfully low impact. I have issues with my knees as well and have had no knee pain doing these videos.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Thanks everyone. Now that my knee is getting better I want to kick up my exercise. I ride my bike and hike but that isn't quite enough. But, I don't want to kill myself with some of the work out video's out there, I would probably have a heart attack and blow my knee out at the same time, LOL.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    I'll chime in...I've got tons of health/joint issues (you've probably got better joints than me! *laugh*) and I was totally scared to try P90x. I've got lupus, RA, asthma, epilepsy, heart issues, tons of old injuries...well, you get the idea. I'm on 15 medications a day.

The commercials were actually scaring me away from it.

Now that I'm in it and know you can modify it to ANYTHING that suits you (1 lb wts or just your body if you need to) it's been great. Any program will work as long as you make it work for YOU and YOUR needs.

So look around, and start light with whatever you start with. Also, check with your doctor to make sure he/she thinks you're okay to work out.

Good luck to ya! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.