Do you pick up heavy things and put them down?

Options
If so, be my friend! I could use some more interaction with people that have similar goals :)

Replies

• Colorful12
    Colorful12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ruth!
    I started training with a guy on my block. He has me lifting weights in many configurations. But the most amazing thing I lifted and put down was a giant, heavy tire which I had to flip about 12 times. I'm a large woman with a lot of weight to lose, with Juvenile diabetes to boot, but I felt like Superwoman!
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes! Heavy lifting has totally re-started my weight (and definitely size) loss (see my main profile pic! It's a one month difference from lifting).
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Yup! As long as heavy is relative, lol. I'm pretty new to serious, consistent and well-planned lifting, so what is heavy for me is definitely light to others! Feel free to add me. :drinker:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Moderation and change in heavy/moderate/light is beneficial in different ways for our body... We can't just let the body adapt and stick to a certain genre of lifting! :sick:
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Added - all other heavy lifters please add

Love lifting friends!!
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Moderation and change in heavy/moderate/light is beneficial in different ways for our body... We can't just let the body adapt and stick to a certain genre of lifting! :sick:

I totally agree. And right now I'm in a heavy lifting phase.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I lifted heavy things up and put them down for a solid three months, then stopped, regretted it, and now am back to lifting heavy stuff up and back down again. I'll keep up with it this time.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I would like to lift heavy things and put them back down. I am still intimidated by it, but closely watching those at the gym who do it and I've watched the stronglift 5x5 videos so I think I'm almost ready to try lifting and putting down!