Feeling mighty lame

Options
I've lost 15 pounds and a bunch of inches. I've lost about 25% of what I want to lose. I had to buy a belt because my pants are falling off. The point is, I'm doing great. So tell me why no one is noticing!!!!!! GRRRRR :explode: I know it all has to come from within, yadda yadda. But some validation would be nice!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds and a bunch of inches. I've lost about 25% of what I want to lose. I had to buy a belt because my pants are falling off. The point is, I'm doing great. So tell me why no one is noticing!!!!!! GRRRRR :explode: I know it all has to come from within, yadda yadda. But some validation would be nice!

Thanks for letting me vent!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work your doing great.

oh and by the way you look amazing have you been working out?

Tim
  • eyescatchfire
    Options
    hahaha Thanks Tim. Now if only you had actually seen me, I'd be happy! :tongue:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! It won't be much longer and people will notice. I don't know what it is but the change has to be pretty dramatic sometimes. Plus, if they see you everyday it takes longer to register the difference because it is gradual. You'll see someone you haven't seen in a while and they will notice right away.

Hang in there - and congrats!! Good thing you bought a belt or people would notice rather quickly when your pants dropped to your ankles out of the blue :laugh:
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well people probably are noticing but until a person gets to what society deems normal weight , then they probably feel uncomfortable pointing it because they may not be sure you are comfortable with them noticing your loss. Did that make sense at all:huh: ? So when you come in in that killer sexy oufit then they will totally know and be floored.
    Besides WE noticed-way to rock it!
  • TZUVELLA
    TZUVELLA Posts: 27
    Options
    As long as your successful and your seeing the lbs come off... you know it's working.. but outside praise does help I know.. Don't be discouraged... just keep at it.. PS if your still wearing the big clothes maybe they just can't see because of that.. I went down a size and am showing it off.. ha ha.. GOOD LUCK:wink: Terri
  • eyescatchfire
    Options
    Montana--thanks for helping me keep it in perspective. :wink: And congrats on reaching such an important goal! I bet you feel awesome. :drinker:

PMomma and Terri--I hadn't really thought of it from that perspective. I guess I've just got to wait a little longer. Thanks so much for the support :flowerforyou:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As long as your successful and your seeing the lbs come off... you know it's working.. but outside praise does help I know.. Don't be discouraged... just keep at it.. PS if your still wearing the big clothes maybe they just can't see because of that.. I went down a size and am showing it off.. ha ha.. GOOD LUCK:wink: Terri

Yeah! Girl, go out and buy a new outfit! I know some people (especially men) have to practically be hit in the head before they'll notice anything!

If you get a hot new outfit (or even just a new shirt or pair of pants), maybe that will make others take notice!

Way to go, girl!! Keep it up!
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AND...buy your hot new sexy outfit in black, cuz that's slimming anyway! You'll be turning heads!!!:noway:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    lol!! The first time I ever lost a substantial amount of weight noone seemed to notice at that time either, the second time I lost it I almost got sick of the compliments(almost). But you're doing great, and I'm sure people have noticed. Once you get to go out and treat yourself to some new clothes (where you don't even have to wear a belt) they'll really take notice!!! Great job and keep it up!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    People that see you everyday won't notice the changes until you are much closer to your goal or you put on a pair of shorts or pants that are the right size etc. They see the changes as they happen just like you do. People that know you and haven't seen you in awhile will notice......Time to go see an old friend! lol :wink:
  • eyescatchfire
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so great! Looks like I'm going shopping this weekend! :wink:

Have a great week!