Easy vegetarian lunches under 300 calories

Options
I just recently became a vegetarian (about a month ago) Also I am doing the 1200 calories a day diet. For breakfast I usually eat about 300, then 100 for a snack, 300 at lunch, and 500 at dinner. I am tired of just eating salads for lunch. Does anyone have any simple vegetarian lunch ideas under 300 or 400 calories? (By the way I am new to this site so I have no idea if I am doing this correctly:noway: )

Replies

• apothecarist
    Options
    How about a nice sandwich BLT style but w/out the "B"? you can get some lower cal bread---I like the thin ones from Nature's Own or Orowheat (100 calories per "bun"), then fill it w/a slice of cheese, a tomato slice, onions, a little avocado, sprouts...whatever u like. On the side you can have some Pop Chips or a vegetable soup.
  • Annie120484
    Annie120484 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    - whole wheat pasta with sauteed squash, tomatoes and feta cheese
    - brown rice with leftover sauteed veggies and scrambled egg
    - homemade falafel with hummus dip and cucumber
    - lentils with goat cheese and roasted sweet potato
    - vegetarian chili with a scoop of greek yogurt and avocado
    - avocado, tomato, and sprouts sandwich with cream cheese
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Bump thank you.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want to take a peek at my diary. I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, although I'm not focused on going mostly "plant based" -- I love my pasta/bread too much -- but a lot of my meals come in between 300-400 calories. It's nothing "interesting" but feel free to add me if you want a few ideas.