Bikini season

Options
2»

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 60 lbs. overweight, with a hairy back and man-boobs. But dammit when I go to the beach or the swimming pool, I put on my suit and dang it. I enjoy myself. And if someone else doesn't like it, that's too danged bad. So just go and do it!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 60 lbs. overweight, with a hairy back and man-boobs. But dammit when I go to the beach or the swimming pool, I put on my suit and dang it. I enjoy myself. And if someone else doesn't like, that's too danged bad. So just go and do it!

This and amen.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty overweight and this summer was the 1st time i went out wearing a tankini. i did not wear the knee length shorts that i have been opting for over the past 2 decades. so, my thighs rubbed together and i was convinced people were staring at me. but then i realised that nobody was looking at me, and that i should stop being such a daft *kitten* and spend some quality time with my hubby and kids. then i felt comfortable and less self conscious. it was very liberating.
    if you want to wear your bikini then please feel free to do so! as long as you feel ok in it, that's all that matters.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from and to be honest!! Who cares? If you are comfortable in wearing one the do it! I am a bigger girl as well i went from 235lbs to 159lbs and I know exactly how you feel. But I have come to not care anymore I love my body how it is and so should you!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Never let other people determine how comfortable you are with yourself. You have worked hard and if you want to wear a bikini, then rock one. If you aren't quite comfortable, grab a sarong. But do what makes you feel amazing.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    There will always be someone there in better shape, and always someone there in worse shape... And I can guarantee you that they are BOTH probably worrying if others are judging them.

Wear what makes you the MOST comfortable, and the rest can worry about themselves. If they judge you, that judgment reflects more on them than it does on you anyways.

And enjoy your trip!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Always remember you will draw more attention trying to hide cover yourself up than the person who just gets on with it. That is some achievement so enjoy your cruise. People are too busy with themselves to be worrying about others and if they are you will never see them again so who cares :flowerforyou:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful and you will so own that bikini. :smile:

I'm nowhere near the possibility of wearing a bikini. I've been harpooned enough at the water park. :embarassed:
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I DARE you to go buy a bikini. NOW! :flowerforyou:
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    If you're comfortable in it, wear it!
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Definitely wear one and if anyone is staring it isn't in a bad way.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and hope to be at 160 from my starting point which was 200 (i put my ticker starting at 195, I was lying to myself). I'm at 175 now, and if I get to 160 I am going bikini shopping. Go for it girl!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I think it's great when a woman has the confidence to wear what she feels comfortable in even if she isn't what society considers to be *perfect*. Think of it this way -- You will be in front of people that you will most likely never see again. Who cares what they think?
  • PhattphlabbieAquarian
    Options
    OK........................look at what's being said here, then go to ChitChat Fun & Games and read the thread about "Women's Opinions, Men's Swimwear. You're Hypocrites!! All of ya...................Hypocrites!!!

And to those of you who suggested the OP wear whatever it is she's comfortable in........and should show off if she wants..........I hope you feel the same way about men!

HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!
  • NancyWtby
    NancyWtby Posts: 12
    Options
    Whatever you feel good in, wear. Shave if you wish, but I like my girl furred up :))