S.O.S....HIT THE WALL AND NEED MOTIVATION!!

Options
After making rapid progress since Christmas of last year, I've kind of flamed out. My weight isn't budging from around 180 and my workout routines are boring me even though they are pretty varied -- yoga, martial arts, weightlifting, treadmill. What's lacking is the motivation to really push myself to hit that next level. What I need is a big crop of friends on this site to harass the *kitten* out of me and basically fire me up. I don't give a damn about your age, weight, or any other label...just looking for help! (I will happily return the favor)

Replies

• learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! One day at a time!! Try something new? Swimming, hiking, biking?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? That could be the cause of the plateau.
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Suck it up, and get back to taking care of your health!
    There! Did that work?
    No? Well how about I tell you that I was in the EXACT same place you are right now about 10 years ago. I was in martial arts and was at the gym every week and I was 180 lbs. I kept around that weight for over 2 years. I got bored with it all, and began giving my training a half-arsed attempt, which is, what I believe, to be the main contributor in me injuring my knees. This created a great excuse not to workout. When I finally was able to go back to the dojo, I injured my other knee within 2 weeks. I was spent. From that point I quickly went to 240 and stayed above that until now. I found this place, and I found the fight within myself to change my health, before my health changed me, for the worse.
    Don't go down that road. Bask is this support system, and find something new that interests you. You like the martial arts? Add katana training! How about a simple hike, or horseback riding? Mix in some swimming, or use you karate skills or balance and coordination and try your hand at archery! There's a million things you can do to find that spark again!
    Think of me as your future self coming back from the future, telling you to get off your *kitten*, and stay on the right path. I would also tell you to stay under 88 mph, when you have a flux capacitor onboard your car. Doc Brown told me to tell you that part.
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    The future me has more hair than the present me. Score!