6 week six-pack results??

Options
I'm getting ready to start Jillian Michaels 6 week six-pack and was wondering if anyone had any results. Ie., pics, before and after weights/measurements.

Replies

• Trishe87
    Trishe87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good luck! I'm sure it will if you stick with it, she's hardcore!!
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    Thank you! I did 30 day shred for the first week and couldn't stick with it but I'm going to pub myself.
  • Trishab415
    Trishab415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been on a Jillian Michaels kick. I started the Shred in February and finished in March. Then went straight to Ripped in 30 and finished that in April. I started 6W6P on Saturday and I am finding that it is much easier than Week 4 of Ripped. That kicked my bootey. But 6W6P is also making me sweat. I feel it all over my core front to back. So it's doing something. Weigh yourself and take measurements. Since I started this JM kick I have lost 13 pounds and lots of inches. Went from a size 10 to a 6!! I have about 5 more pounds to go to reach my goal but can definetly see results and feel much stronger! Good Luck with it.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    abs are made in the kitchen not with some 6 week dvd... yes your core will probably get stronger but if what you put in your mouth ain't tight you wont see that six pack you are looking for.

good luck
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations on your results. It's so hard for me to stick with her DVDs where you have to do them everyday but hearing your great results will definitely keep me motivated to keep going.
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    Thanks. I'm not actually trying to get "abs" just trying to tone things up a bit after having a baby.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat in a deficit + compound lifts will do more for abs than a six week video ....

but good luck to you ...
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    Anyone else have any results?
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only went through a week of 6W6P but I must say that I noticed big difference in the strength of my core! So I would say: if you only want to strengthen your core, 6W6P is your DVD, but if you also have fat to shed you will need also some other exercise like weight lifting with some cardio to shed that fat. Also, 6W6P is 3 weeks of the same set of exercises every day, so it gets a little boring, so what you could do is do 6P 3 or 4 times and week and then another 2 or 3 days try something else, e.g. 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 (Ripped is tougher). GOod luck
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are my results form 40 days of work with Jillian (Ripped in 30 first, then 1 week of 6 weeks 6 pack), for the second half of time I was also counting calories with MFP, accroding to recommened estimations, and eating most of my exercise calories back.

side40days.png
    front40days.png
    back40days.png
  • sammyb1235
    sammyb1235 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    im trying to tone my stomach im eating in a deficit doing sit ups, squats, press ups and running but want to start lifting what are compound lifts?
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    im trying to tone my stomach im eating in a deficit doing sit ups, squats, press ups and running but want to start lifting what are compound lifts?

A compound lift is basically a lift that use's multiple joints. So, squats and press ups that you're presently doing are compound lifts. Others include bench press, deadlifts, barbell rows, pullovers etc etc.
    On the flip side an isolation lift is a lift that uses a single joint and targets a specific muscle, for example concentration curls.

HTH
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    These are my results form 40 days of work with Jillian (Ripped in 30 first, then 1 week of 6 weeks 6 pack), for the second half of time I was also counting calories with MFP, accroding to recommened estimations, and eating most of my exercise calories back.

side40days.png
    front40days.png
    back40days.png

You must be pretty happy with the results, that's quite a transformation. Well done
    JC
  • kristinbowman148
    Options
    @kisserek your results are awesome! Way to go!