How often and how long do some of you work out for?

I'm working out everyday. An hour on the tread mill and 30 mins doing a bunch of different stuff. Is it too much? How often do some of ya work out for and how long?

Replies

• backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    I do 45 mins to an hour of weights, 3 days a week followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio. Another 2 days a week I will do 45 minutes of cardio. I also switch up the type of cardio that I do so it's not "routine". Your body will get used to doing the same junk over and over again.

Are you running or walking on the treadmill? Incline or no? Speed?
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    You should give yourself a day off every now and then to prevent injuries. Otherwise it sounds fine as long as you're eating enough to support that level of exercise.

I do cardio 5-6 days a week. Usually for a half hour a day. I do strength training 3x a week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I don't want to overdo it. Trying to do something I'll be able to stick to. I do a class of bodypump a week (trying to find time for another one but the timing doesn't work out so well, I might just go ahead and buy the dvd set), a class of bodyjam, one hour of full body workout at home (slim in 6), 20-30 minutes once or twice a week on machines at the gym, and the rest of the time either treadmill or walks (been walks lately because it's so nice out). Been trying to get into turbo fire as well, but I'm having a hard time.

So total it's about 200 calories a day with 2-3 days at 300-500. I don't really take a day off.
  • I'm in the middle of doing Insanity, so 6 days a week for about 40 minutes a day. I burn anywhere from 300-400 a workout.:smile:
  • I walk for the first 5 min at 4.0 and the last 5 min,and run at 5.5 for rest of the time and no incline. And at the end before I do my 5 min of walking I run for about 5 min at 6.0(Can't really go longer then 5 min)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Lets see:

Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri :
    -EA Sports Active 2.0..20 mins (It's similar to circuit training)
    -Some Sort of Cardio

Thurs, Sat*, Sun*:
    -20 to 40 mins of Dance Central 2 or some other form of cardio
    *Sometimes I won't do any cardio on Sat or Sun. It really depends on how I feel. Like this weekend I'm taking it easy, yesterday I got 20 mins into a program called Intervals on Dance Central 2 and started to feel light headed, so I stopped.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Five or six days a week, average 50 minutes a day, three days weights (30 mins) & kickboxing (20 mins), and three days running. Always at least one day off per week.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    I just got through doing an hour on the treadmill and 20 minutes of stretching it just depends on what I have time to do. My workout goals are 45 minutes so I just do what I can.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Sunday: 30 minutes of cardio
    Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 30-45 minutes of cardio & 20-30 minutes of strength training
    Thursday & Friday: 30-60 minutes of cardio
    Saturday: Rest
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I keep it between 30 and 60 minutes total cardio and/or strength training most days unless I'm going to do a long run up to 2 hours or so. I take at least 1 rest day weekly... sometimes 2.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    6 - 7 days a week cardio mostly on the bike or occasionally on the elliptical, usually around 30 minutes but sometimes less (minimum 20 minutes), sometimes more (like an hour)

every day 10,000 steps with my fitbit

3 days a week strength train for like 15 minutes nonstop (circuit training no rests)

3 days a week 15 minutes yoga (a dozen sun salutations)

I'd like to increase my strength training but we'll see how it goes. I really like my program right now so I don't want to mess with a good thing. :flowerforyou:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Near constant movement all day long at work 5 times a week
    One hour of Zumba twice a week
    45 minutes of recumbent biking twice a week
    A long walk once a week
    Whatever else strikes my fancy
    One afternoon and evening of couch surfing
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    M-F: 30 min of cardio followed by 45-60 min. of lifting.
    Saturday I will sometimes go for a run - either 4 or 6 miles depending on how I feel -- or take the dog on a very brisk 2-3 mile walk or both.
    Sunday sometimes a brisk walk with the dog.
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Insanity workouts last about 30-45 minutes depending on which one you have or if you have double workouts. 6 days a week. If I feel up to it I do Zumba for 30 or so minutes. I walk sometimes. Go jogging. Just depends on my energy and the weather. Before I started insanity I was workin out most of the time 30-90 minutes a day sometimes more but mainly stayed within the 70-90 minute mark.

Month two is coming up pretty soon so I'll be working out for an hour or whatever it is just with Insanity itself. Not looking forward to it....
  • thoughtdujour
    thoughtdujour Posts: 1 Member
    I do 45 minute training sessions with weights 3 times each week. I do at least 30 minutes of cardio each day.
  • parias1126
    parias1126 Posts: 64 Member
    I usually work out between 60 minutes - 90 minutes per day, 5 days/week. I have just discovered group fitness and love it so I have probably spent more time since I go to the Y and love to go to one class, then run to another. I am doing Zumba, cycling, and did a strength class today for the first time. Oh, and kickboxing a couple times too.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Cycling 5-6 days a week, weight training 3 days a week
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Weight lift for 45 minutes to an hour. Then 30 minutes of light cardio
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Typically 6-7 days of running, from 45min on a short run, to 90+ minutes for longer ones (though I slacked off big time this week and only did 5), and I add a 60min HIIT weight/cardio classes once or twice a week on top of that.
  • i_luv_irs
    i_luv_irs Posts: 30 Member
    I work out at the gym or do some other active thing (bike, hike, walk) something like 6 of 7 days per week. I do the gym on average for 45 minutes to an hour during the week and maybe somewhat over an hour on weekends. I do a mix of cardiovascular and resistance training. No set routine but I almost always row because I find it very relaxing.