Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat, sick and nearly dead! Watch it!!!!!!

It's on Netflix and Hulu! This movie is life changing

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Hear hear! :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    It's a lot of hype. Severe calorie restriction isn't the best way to lose weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    It got me juicing. I haven't done a juice fast yet though. Just using the juice as a supplement to my diet at this time.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    His accent is HORRIBLE.

And I just can't get excited about anything that requires me to not eat any food at all.
    (You can watch is for free on youtube)
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    It's a lot of hype. Severe calorie restriction isn't the best way to lose weight.

Hear, hear! ;)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Watched it, got suckered, bought a juicer, realized my mistake, ate good food at a deficit, lost 50 pounds. And not a single juice was consumed.

Wife uses the juicer since she enjoys it, but doesn't 'juice fast' by any means.
  • uvonne610
    uvonne610 Posts: 29 Member
    April 24th will be 1 month I've been juicing. Fridays are the days I have food but its fruits and veggies. I've lost 16 pounds so far.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

seconded
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Worked at a grocery store... asked every single person who bought a whole grocery cart full of juicing veggies and fruits.. I said "So, you watched the movie eh?"

Of course they did. I almost bought a juicer. It's a very compelling movie.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    I don't really have a problem with his approach. It worked for him. It wasn't for me. I would rather eat the whole food and learn how to eat for the rest of my life.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    NO thank you. Nothing but hype and a "fad" diet for people who want results RIGHT NOW but aren't willing to take the slower more healthy way to weight loss.

It is very possible to lose weight while eating real food and not starving yourself.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    It's better to learn to eat in "the real world" in a sensible way. The video was interesting but definitely not something easy to do...and you eventually have to learn to handle food to maintain. And the transition back to solid food has to be somewhat of a challenge.
  • ninerbuff
    April 24th will be 1 month I've been juicing. Fridays are the days I have food but its fruits and veggies. I've lost 16 pounds so far.
    You lost because of calorie deficit, not because you drank juice. There have been several threads on this documentary, but honestly it's gonna come down to whether or not one can control one's eating.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Worked at a grocery store... asked every single person who bought a whole grocery cart full of juicing veggies and fruits.. I said "So, you watched the movie eh?"

You should ask "Why not just EAT the fruits and vegetables?"

IDEA Fitness member
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member

You should ask "Why not just EAT the fruits and vegetables?"

IDEA Fitness member
    I rather not have an ideology war at the place I worked.
  • bump
  • I love the movie!! Watch it 4 times with "Fork over knives", "Food inc", "Food Matters" and "Hungry for change". When I next get paid I'm going to try 60 days juicing. My partner Steve is going to try 10 days. He's not a juice lover like me.
  • debralekicsummers
    debralekicsummers Posts: 56 Member
    it might work for some people but not for me , i don't just want to loose weight, i want to be happy, healthy and fit. Lifestyle change .
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    I don't really have a problem with his approach. It worked for him. It wasn't for me. I would rather eat the whole food and learn how to eat for the rest of my life.

This!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    [/quote]You should ask "Why not just EAT the fruits and veg?"<<<

I've tried juicing as a low cal addition to a diet, it does fill you up surprisingly. I think the point is you get concentrated nutrients in juice .. It wd be really difficult to eat 10 raw carrots & 3 raw peppers, but u can get all the nutrients from those in one small drink. Apart from the fibre...& I wd find that a problem if I were just living on juice.