I'm having a hard time eating over 5,000 calories

Options
iWaffle
iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
Some days when I have a longer cardio set my calorie intake requirement soars to over 5000. Do I really need to eat all of that? I'm over 4,100 calories today and I don't know if I can eat anything else at the moment. I'm just so stuffed and I still have over 1200 calories left to go. I guess I just make up for it later in the week when I have a lower day.

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I just ate a baconator and fries and chasing it with ice cream... I've got you covered today buddy.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Do what your body tells you..you don't HAVE to do anything. If you want to eat 5000 calories..its easy to do. (endthread/)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    If you run for charity, your calories are given to starving children in Sudan.
  • iWaffle
    Options
    Do what your body tells you..you don't HAVE to do anything. If you want to eat 5000 calories..its easy to do. (endthread/)

Actually it isn't easy to do and still eat healthy. Plus I had to drink so much water I feel stuffed from that alone.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Just curious what you are doing... When I was running at my peak, I could burn 2000-2200 cals on a run, but that was 10-11 miles. You must be a marathoner!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Just curious what you are doing... When I was running at my peak, I could burn 2000-2200 cals on a run, but that was 10-11 miles. You must be a marathoner!

Workout calories would be in addition to daily calories. As a tall man at maintenance, this could easily make a total intake over 5k for OP
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I saw the post was from iWaffle and immediately assumed it wasn't serious :laugh:

IDK, I think you could probably save them and carry over to another day, get them into your weekly goal?
  • iWaffle
    Options
    I saw the post was from iWaffle and immediately assumed it wasn't serious :laugh:
    What? Why would you say that? I'm totally serious. Do I have a reputation or something?

This is serious business! I don't want to go into starvation mode.
  • iWaffle
    Options

Today I did a 14 mile run and then followed it with a 6 mile walk with someone else.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    What? Why would you say that? I'm totally serious. Do I have a reputation or something?

This is serious business! I don't want to go into starvation mode.
    Well, if you're really serious stop eating that low-calorie Eggo crap and get your butt over to iHop for a decent calorie-laden waffle.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely pigged out yesterday after a pretty intense cardio session myself and only managed to hit 5200 and some change. It was supremely awesome.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Actually it isn't easy to do and still eat healthy. Plus I had to drink so much water I feel stuffed from that alone.

I've done it for 25 years plus & never had a problem until my recent serious illiness required me to lean down on the mass. Its really not that hard, especially if your hitting the weights on top of it, I'm probably consumed 4500 today and I didn't even try. Mind you I just had 2 beers with dinner and some gumby bears during my half marathon this morning, but that's not normally in my diet. A
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Today I did a 14 mile run and then followed it with a 6 mile walk with someone else.

Do you use an HRM? I read several articles that stated a person burns approximately 100 calories per mile ran/walked- so you'd only be averaging 2000 calories for exercise.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Hey! Big, buttery, delicious waffles can't type...
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Well, that is a problem. :angry:

Actually, I went on a tremendous hike today and even having eaten fries, a burger, and a chocolate shake for dinner, I have so many calories left over that I may have to force myself to eat a poptart later.

I feel your pain. Sort of, by half or so.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A pint of Haagen-Dazs peanut butter chocolate or coffee ice cream is over 1k. That might help you :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory. Just Swan Dive right into those calories. They even serve bacon... and salads.
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    chips. chips are the answer
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, then don't eat. If your body needs to eat more, it will let you know. When I do a lot of exercise, I sometimes experience a loss of appetite and then the next day I'm hungrier. You may experience the same thing.