calories too low??

Options
Hi everyone,

I have lost 90 lbs in the last few years and I am really struggling to lose the last 15-20 that would put me around 135-140 lbs. (I'm 5'4 and muscular). I haven't lost much weight at all in the last year but I have built muscle and went down a few sizes in clothing. Obviously body composition is more important then what the scale says BUT I would still like to see it move down! ;)

I am fairly certain I am not eating enough at 1500 calories. My maintenance level is 2400.

I lost the first 50 lbs by simply tracking my calories and sticking between 1200-1500 and the last 40 lbs by following a ketogenic diet so my metabolism is most likely compromised.

This is my week:

M - upper body, 30 minutes intervals
T - legs/core, 30 minutes intervals
W - rest (sometimes cardio)
T - upper body, 30 minutes intervals
F - legs/core, 30 minutes intervals
S - kickboxing class
Sun - rest, light walk

I wore my heart rate monitor to my leg work out the other day and I was just over 1000 calories burned including the cardio.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories a bit? !600-1700 range since maintenance for you is around 2400 i'd think you're eating too little for teh activity you do
  • Mom3LoveBugs
    Mom3LoveBugs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories a bit? !600-1700 range since maintenance for you is around 2400 i'd think you're eating too little for teh activity you do

Thank you for your reply. :)

I am going to give it a try and see what happens.