Flavouring Broccoli Ideas

Options

Replies

• Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Steamed with Fresh lemon and cracked black pepper!

And sauteed with minced garlic and a little soy sauce.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just like a little sea salt and Parmesan cheese
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    cheeeeeeeeese.......
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    balsamic vinegar :tongue:
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    i like broccoli flavored broccoli

but.. you can always do a little garlic salt+butter

Beat me to it, I love the flavor of Broccoli at the most I sprinkle a little salt on it. I love broccoli steamed, baked, raw, and I even like it sauteed in a little olive oil. Most of the time though I steam it, just a short time I like for it to crunch a little.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I can't eat the stuff (I have issues with most veggies) unless it's smothered in butter AND cheese, which is pretty much why I never eat it. Can't help it, it stinks like *kitten*. I can't imagine it tasting any better.

Bump for the ideas though, I said the same thing about Brussels sprouts and I managed to eat some a few weeks ago and didn't die, so maybe all hope isn't lost for me and broccoli consumption.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love it with garlic powder. However, I also like using Bolthouse Farms' Raspberry Merlot or Honey Mustard vinaigrette.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Toss in olive oil or coconut oil (my preference), fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Roast in oven on 425 for about 15 min until it starts browning. After removing from oven sprinkle with fresh parmasan cheese. YUMMY!! I roast lots of veggies like this.:flowerforyou:

That sounds delish
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I like to steam it, then sautee it in a pan with chili flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

orrr toss in olive oil and roast with salt, pepper, lemon juice and parmesan
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hey. Anybody got some good, healthy ideas to flavour your broccoli. I wanna steam some for supper tomorrow but Im only used to Hollandaise sauce on it and well that's just full of butter!!!

What's wrong with butter first of all?

I use butter, seasoned chicken breast I fried in butter, mozzarella, and pine nuts.

My broccoli rocks :)

Oh, and for the record I'm not kidding at all...I eat this. Often. And yep...still losing fat. The trick is being mindful of how much you scarf down.

You ask what's wrong with butter? Why did you assume there was something wrong with butter??? It's not the butter! IT's ME! No control when it comes to Hollandaise sauce and all its butter. All or nothing for me!

Thanks everyone for ur broccoli ideas!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Yuck. I can't eat the stuff (I have issues with most veggies) unless it's smothered in butter AND cheese, which is pretty much why I never eat it. Can't help it, it stinks like *kitten*. I can't imagine it tasting any better.

Bump for the ideas though, I said the same thing about Brussels sprouts and I managed to eat some a few weeks ago and didn't die, so maybe all hope isn't lost for me and broccoli consumption.

Think about it girl! It's really the cheese that sticks like *kitten*!!! Did you ever smell a packet of Kraft Dinner cheese! Holy moly raunchy!!!
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chili Oil
  • aubdobalina
    aubdobalina Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-roasted-broccoli-recipe/index.html

This a a great way to prepare broccoli, just use the oil more sparingly then she does.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Get some real shredded cheese and honestly just put a little bit on there and they taste fine.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    when you roast it are you ment to boil it for a bit till its soft first ??
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. Broccoli

If you steam broccoli, you benefit from its cholesterol-lowering benefits. Add olive oil, lemon and a dash of salt and pepper to spice up your steamed broccoli. When you eat broccoli raw, it helps to detoxify your digestive tract. For a low calorie dip with your raw broccoli, blend low fat yogurt, chives, paprika and fresh garlic.
  • mlhjjm
    mlhjjm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I cook my broccoli and then add a couple tbls of garlic hummus. I saw it on pinterest and it's amazing!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I steam my broccoli (with salt and pepper sprinkled in the pan) which I personally find is much more appealing than boiling it, and then toss in a little parmesan cheese when it's done.

Simple and tasty.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    So this is what I did - I didn't take anybodies advice. LOL. No offence. I decided to make a broccoli salad and thought I should share:

2 cups broccoli florets
    1/2 light mayo
    1/2 cup red pepper
    3/4 cup red onion
    1 stalk celery
    2 tsp splenda
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 TBsp vinegar

Mix and chill and serve!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member