looking for motivated kick butt diet buddies

Options
Hello. I am a 37 year old woman with three boys with 100 lbs to eventually lose. My immediate goal is to improve my health and stay motivated to lose 30 lbs by August. I hate exercise and I hate dieting. This is more about changing my mind and body and the way I eat. I could use some motivated friends to support me in this journey and vice versa. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• scribega
    scribega Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add
  • mlalka
    mlalka Posts: 16
    Options
    You will do just fine. Don't look at it as dieting, it's a change in life style. I not much in the exercise, it was all due to I would get out of breath fast, but I started to lose a little weight, now I want to start exercising. I'm taking it one step at a time. Feel free to add me.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First thing you have to do to stop the yo-yo diets is to stop dieting. Diets don't work. This has to be a lifestyle change for it to last. Diets are only temporary weight loss solutions. Once you stop the diet you stop losing and start gaining again. I would suggest not doing anything too drastic. Make a small change in your eating plan. If you cut too much at one time you will eventually feel deprived and it will be harder to stick with the changes. Small changes may make for smaller losses initially but I believe they will be easier to stick to in the long run. Every week or two make another change (i.e. cutting back on cheese, adding more veggies, removing certain temptations from the house like cookies, not eating after a certain time, going for a walk in the evenings, etc.) These little changes will add up over time but won't be so drastic that you will feel like they are impossible.

Feel free to add me if you like. I'm 48 and happily married. My wife is on here too. I've recently (last December) become vegetarian with good results. I'm not suggesting you become vegetarian by any means. I'd be happy to discuss it if you were interested. Just thought you should know before you added me if you decide to. Either way I wish you the best in your weight loss journey.
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!