Help for a busty lady!!

Options
So....I am now fit enough that I really have to work hard on the elliptical, arc trainer, or treadmill to get my heart rate up. (yay!!) However, that means my DD's are bouncing a LOT more (today I was at the gym actually holding my boobs in place on the arc trainer....I was mortified but was in too much pain to care) and my sports bras are just not cutting it. Aside from begging my doctor to cut them off....what can I do? Are there any busty ladies out there who have found the magical bra?

Replies

• purpleprose78
    Options
    Get a better sports bra. Seriously, those of us that are a little more busty than others need a bit more support. I bought an Enell and I LOVE it for when I'm doing anything more high impact than walking.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to wear 2 sports bras? That might help a little? Other than that, I'd gladly take some from you. I've about lost all of mine =(
  • MissMissyMiss
    Options
    You can also try wearing two sport bras, it works for me.
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm an E or F fitting so am keen to know of recommendation for supportive bras. I'm about to google Enell. Any other suggestions?
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This is the one I love:

http://www.amazon.com/Royce-Impact-Free-Sports-S826/dp/B0054MR4UI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I'm a 36G and while they still do move a bit with this bra it is so comfortable and if I bounce a little doesn't bother me (unlike every other bra I've ever tried).

I hate the compression type bras but if you want everything totally rock solid they do make them and they will squeeze your girls flat as possible but that approach is not for me!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sorry duplicate post!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    DDs??? lol Cry me a river! Try working out with Hs! lol Good luck on your search...I have to wear a regular bra and a sports bra over it.
  • jgg112
    jgg112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went to a top of the line store where they do bra fittings and got a couple sports bras there. They are pretty ugly and a little pricey, but they lift separate and support with good thick straps. No uni-boob and very little movement. Plus, there is not as much sweating as wearing 2 bras.
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm not positive they make it anymore, but I used to use the Champion Action Shape Sports Bra (http://www.sears.com/champion-action-shape-sports-bra/p-018AM045000P). That sucker held up for about 6-7 years and it went through rigorous exercise (upwards of 5-6 soccer games/practices a week) and it's only just now starting to give out.

I've since switched to the All Sport Bra from Lululemon (http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/All-Sport-Bra?cc=0001&skuId=3343049&catId=women-sports-bras), but it's seems to mash my breasts together a bit too much and seems to bother my traps (when running for about 50 minutes straight). That being said, it does hold me in place. I really haven't worn it enough yet to give much of a review on it (other than what I've noted) but others on their site seem to quite enjoy it. I will say that I find it provides a bit less support than the bra I mentioned before, although that will ultimately depend on what size you buy I suppose. The smaller the size you get, the more secure you'll feel.

As a note, when I wore the Champion bra I was more in the D range. I'm starting to fit more into Cs now.
  • dachiri
    dachiri Posts: 14
    Options
    I have Moving Comfort sports bras. I'm a large D and they're solid as a rock.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38F (barely, but I'm in denial and I REFUSE to go up a cup size!) and I just started really running-- the one thing I've found is a combination of my UnderArmour Armor Bra (38DD with the pads removed) and a C9 (Champion at Target) bra over top. Between the difference in the cuts and support on the two bras balance everything out and they are not only comfortable, but they work perfectly!
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    My boobs are gigantic. I wear a regular bra under my sports bra. I just can't wear any of the cute tanks to the gym because I'd look like an idiot with all the straps, but t-shirts are perfectly fine for me!
  • maloryanne
    maloryanne Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wear one regular bra then a sports bra underneath it really helps!
  • cfbjj1124
    cfbjj1124 Posts: 20
    Options
    I am super busty as well...I'm a "J" cup! :noway: No joke. It's crazy! I actually wear 2 bras. My regular bra and then a sports bra. It works well for me. Once I lose more weight I will have a reduction, because my girls are out of control! :laugh:
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    I am now a D but when I was a DD I wore a regular bra,a sports bra and a body slimmer over top all of that and that seamed to workout great
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I wear the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. It's spendy but the girls do not bounce.
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a HH to a J cup too. I wear a Shock Absorber sports bra over a regular bra.....seems to do the trick....although I'd prefer an op to get rid of the chuffing things in all honesty....bane of my life!!!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    anyone willing do donate some boobage? I could use some filling :D
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Wear your bra plus a sports bra, and get a good one! The ones i use are great. A friend of mine calls them my 'iron man' bras bc they are not letting me go anwhere! lol
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Hiya...

I am dealing with 36DDD's myself, and HAD to get a bra that would keep the girls still while running a 5k mud run a couple weeks ago.

I went to Lane Bryant and got one of these:

march13_sport1?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298&op_sharpen=1

Worked like a charm! Here's the URL: http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-plus-size-sexy-bras-intimate-apparel/performance-wear/4043c17999/index.cat