Number crunching help needed

Options
Hey, I'm in need help with this number crunching malarkey...... Any help advice and a general kick up the behind is greatly appreciated.
i have been trying to get my head around all this for a year now, and have only lost 9lb.... my aim is 20lb still to lose.

I have PCOS and store alot of fat around my middle, i am meant to follow a low GI, high protein and am boarder line insulin resistance.

So my stats are : Height 5ft 4
Currently weight : 147lb
Aiming : 132 lb ish

TDEE ; 1993
BMR: 1449
Lightly active - working out swimming/ elliptical trainer 1 - 3 times a week

myfitness pal has had me on 1340 calories to lose 1lb week, which isnt working and i seem to go over most days.

I have a fitbit, since the start of the year which im addicted to and haas really been an eye opener to my daily steps. I was barely walking 2000 some days oops, i am now reaching my 10, 000 most days.... yah go me!!

what am i doing wrong ? am i just not eating enough ? too much ? Not working out enough?

thank you in advance

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your cals so you are eating over your BMR.

It may also be worth adding some strength training into your regime.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    strength training !
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Your stats are almost identical to mine - my TDEE - 15% is 1450 based on sedentary activity level. This is because outside of exercise I don't really move that much, I have a desk job and I drive most places.

I therefore prefer to add my exercise back in and eat those calories because my workout schedule is quite changeable.

I set my MFP to goal 1400 net but often go up to 1500 net which is fine. I seem to be losing at a decent pace considering I am down to my last few pounds.

Good luck and feel free to add me a a friend if you like.