Insanity plus running - am I insane?

Options
Hi All, I am thinking about starting Insanity this week but I don't want to just do that - want to maybe swim once a week and run a couple of times as I am doing a 10k in May. Has anyone done it whilst running also? Also - how does it work - the way I understand it is you do a fitness test and then follow the programmes in the order that comes from the results of your fitness test is that right? I don't want to do it every day, I was thinking maybe 3 times as week along with my running. Will this be doable do you think?

Replies

• kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    This is what I do now, insanity 3 times per week and running the other days. I get bored very easily and it's too gorgeous outside with the temps changing. You do the fit test and then the DVDs according to the calendar. If you have the discipline, you can do anything you desire. Good luck.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am thinking about starting Insanity this week but I don't want to just do that - want to maybe swim once a week and run a couple of times as I am doing a 10k in May. Has anyone done it whilst running also? Also - how does it work - the way I understand it is you do a fitness test and then follow the programmes in the order that comes from the results of your fitness test is that right? I don't want to do it every day, I was thinking maybe 3 times as week along with my running. Will this be doable do you think?

i agree with the other post, follow the calendar, and then each insanity week (6 workouts) will take you 2 weeks.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I do insanity 3/4 days a week and then run on opposite days. This is my third week doing this (although I have done insanity many times before this) I like it, I get bored with doing the same thing too. It is a lot of cardio but I seem to be doing fine.
  • susuenglish
    susuenglish Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I'm going to start it tomorrow.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Same as above, Insanity 3 times a week, stronglift 5x5 3 times a week, some cardio work (running), and starting MTB again because the weather is getting better and hopefully the trails will be drying.
    JC
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am a week and a half away from finishing Insanity and I've been running also. The first month I only ran once or twice. Now that it's so nice out, I'm going a little more. I do Insanity early in the mornings and if I feel up to it, I'll go for a run later here and there.