Accurate calories?

Options
So I've been talking to some peeps about MFP and my biking and the fact that I haven't lost yet. (about 3 weeks in) More than one person said MFP is a little too stringent on calorie counts, and said I may not be eating enough calories so my body is storing vs. burning. Anyone else run into something similar? I am biking 12-15 miles a day, and trust me I feel it! I don't want to put my body through all that and not see anything come out (or off) of it.

Replies

• courtneylwood90
    Options
    When I started biking I built a lot of muscle in my legs and butt before I noticed any weight loss happening... maybe this could be the case with you??
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    So I've been talking to some peeps about MFP and my biking and the fact that I haven't lost yet. (about 3 weeks in) More than one person said MFP is a little too stringent on calorie counts, and said I may not be eating enough calories so my body is storing vs. burning. Anyone else run into something similar? I am biking 12-15 miles a day, and trust me I feel it! I don't want to put my body through all that and not see anything come out (or off) of it.

what are your calories set at and do you eat back what you burn?
  • balancingactx2
    Options
    My calories are set to 1200, then whatever I exercise off is added to it.
  • balancingactx2
    Options
    That scares me a bit... ;) I swear to God all of my fat is belly to knee. I didn't even know knees could be fat! :) I don't want lots of muscle to take the place of the lots of fat... I want toned legs, but not huge legs...