Lose weight in a week

Options
How to Lose Weight in a Week
It isn't just a catchy tag line, it is really possible to lose weight in a week!
It doesn't matter what your body type or height is, anyone can lose weight in a week, yes lose weight, in just a week! Only follow a few simple guidelines and then the world will be your's! It is all about maintaining a balance, and that's it!

The amount of water weight on our body is high. So, losing water weight tops the list of things to do in order to lose weight in a week. Here are some of the best ways to lose weight in a week.

Lose Excessive Water Weight
The best way to lose water weight is to drink more and more water! Sounds contradictory, isn't it? But it is a proven fact; rather, it is simple logic. When you drink more water, your body starts releasing the extra weight. And that's what the aim is! The water weight starts decreasing really fast. So drink plenty of water; a quantity of about 1.8 liters is ideal. There's an additional benefit of drinking more water, and that is glowing skin. Drink water and look beautiful!

Things to Avoid to Lose Weight in a Week
Instead of keeping in mind the list of what to eat, mug up the list of things that need to be avoided, and automatically your brainy brain will ring an alarm when you are tempted to grab foods that are 'banned' for you!
1.Soda increases weight. Drinking soda is present in almost all aerated drinks. So even if your are not intaking soda directly, it doesn't mean soda is not entering your body at all. If you want to lose weight in a week, avoid soda completely. Instead switch to lime water.
2.Don't skip your breakfast! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides us with the strength required to carry out daily tasks. So don't skip breakfast, just replace heavy foods with lighter ones; go for cornflakes, not sandwiches!
3.I know it is very difficult to say no to delicious cheese burgers, but the same cheese burgers add 275 calories! Imagine what a cheese burger or pizza with meat and extra toppings can do! Want to lose weight in a week? Ban burgers and other fast foods and you are sure to achieve quick weight loss.
4.Foods like red meat, milk and other milk-based foodstuffs like cheese, ice-creams and butter should not be consumed in excess. Even if depression attacks you, resist the temptation of grabbing a bowl of ice-cream; remember, you want to lose weight in a week!
5.Avoid tea, coffee or alcohol as they contain caffeine which dehydrates the body and loss of water adds to weight gain.
6.A crash diet implies total avoidance of food or minimizing your food intake to almost nothing. This results in loss of energy and gradually leads to extreme weakness, which may result in anemia and other complications.
Things to Do to Lose Weight in a Week
The first thing that comes to my mind is exercise and there's no running away from it! Just one type of exercise can become monotonous. Combine two or three exercises. Aerobics is a good option to lose weight fast. Caridovascular exercises are one of the best options for losing weight in a week. The third important exercise is, Pilates. With pilates you can lose weight and also achieve a lean look. However, don't overdo it as it might prove hazardous.

Still worrying about how to lose weight in a week? How about combining exercise with fun? Well, dancing is a great option for quick and easy weight loss. If you have a phobia of exercise, dance....literally! Dancing for an hour or so burns as much calories as one hour of exercise does. The rule is to keep moving! So if you were thinking of learning belly dancing, go for it! If you are a water baby, swimming is an excellent option to lose weight. Swimming exercises the whole body and burns calories. But remember to follow a proper diet. Or else, swimming will prove futile and you'll always keep wondering about how to lose weight in a week!.Another fun way of exercise is cycling or even hiking. Cycling and hiking can help you shed those extra pounds and achieve fast weight loss.

Quick Reminders to Lose Weight in a Week
1.Increase the consumption of liquids; and by this, I don't mean beverages and aerated drinks. You should rather go for healthy drinks and drink plenty of water.
2.Take the stairs instead of the elevator, whenever possible, walk short distances and make exercise a part of your daily activities.
3.Add fiber-rich foods to your diet. Go for weight loss diets.
4.Substitute normal sugar with sugar free products.
5.Stop being a couch potato!
If you are strict with yourself, you'll certainly lose weight and tell others about how to lose weight in a week!

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Those are awesome tips! Thanks for sharing.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Great Tips and thanks for sharing!

I'm off to shift some pounds with a nice workout :flowerforyou:
  • nicholecj
    nicholecj Posts: 10
    Options
    Remember, it may take a month..sometimes even a couple of months for your body to adjust to your new habits... so please do not be discouraged if you do not lose weight right away in the first couple of weeks... I changed my eatting habbits drastically and started excersizing since September 09 and lost 2 lbs the first month... I felt so aweful...all that hard work...for 2 lbs??? but to my amazement I lost 4 inches off my waste. Now...in May i've lost close to 40lbs... and 9 inches off my waste....

Great tips for losing weight...but losing a large amount in a week is very unrealisic... it's a life long change...

Good luck :)
  • Gembo82
    Gembo82 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for this, will give it a go :) xxx
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    And what happens after a week? :smile: I'd think: stick to the good habits and lose some more :wink:. Turn this slowly into "losing weight in a month", "losing weight in a year". It just sounds scarier if you say that in the first place - so the idea is to take it week by week. Day by day, even :flowerforyou:.
  • iwatts
    iwatts Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    bump

When u say Bump, what does that mean?????????????????
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    Awesome post and tips :) I think if your craving something you know is bad grab something like a granola bar which I did today.. was soo good too :) I actually have gotten to the point where I can have junk in the house for my kids snacks and not want to devour them :) It is amazing how after a while of eating healthy you no longer even want the horrible junk you used to crave.
  • xyril
    xyril Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump

When u say Bump, what does that mean?????????????????

Bump...Bring Up My Post =D

Or at least that's my definition anyway. Great tips OP.