Could club soda be an alternative to regular soda?

Options
fShaw86
fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
Trying to lose weight, and tone up now.

I used to be crazy about soda, and find it a little difficult to not drink soda when I go out. Would club soda be a healthier alternative? Well okay, yes, it's not "healthy-healthy" but maybe healthier than sugar-loaded sodas? And less calorie-laden?

I just love the bubbly feeling of soda on my tongue, more than how it tastes.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    YES_

Club soda is a friend to dieters, diabetics and designated drivers. Club soda is a great mixer for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Drinking club soda is also a wise choice at holiday office parties. Like regular sweetened sodas, this fizzy beverage gets its bubbles from carbon dioxide.

Calories

Club soda is filtered water to which minerals have been added, in most cases. It has no calories, so you can enjoy it without guilt if you are dieting

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/310481-calories-in-club-soda/#ixzz2RC4U0txP
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much all I drink, with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice for a bit of flavor and zest. Next to no calories!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    LaCroix water is a good substitute as well.
  • fShaw86
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)

I have organic "root beer" syrup, may try that!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Yes but read the labels because some brands have sodium in it.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's fine if your Scotch is too nasty to be consumed neat. Otherwise just drink better Scotch.
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I drink flavored Polar seltzer. No calories, but good taste.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you wanna get really fancy, get one of those SodaStream machines. It's awesome. Unlimited supply of sparkling water to make whatever you want out of it. I, too, do the thing where you add the lemon or lime juice. I also bought a couple of the syrups that go along with the machine; but I kinda prefer a little fresh fruit juice added. And yes, no calories. So I would say it could very well be a good alternative.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you wanna get really fancy, get one of those SodaStream machines. It's awesome. Unlimited supply of sparkling water to make whatever you want out of it. I, too, do the thing where you add the lemon or lime juice. I also bought a couple of the syrups that go along with the machine; but I kinda prefer a little fresh fruit juice added. And yes, no calories. So I would say it could very well be a good alternative.

That's what I have, once I got to drinking 1-2 litres of it a day, I felt guilty about all the plastic bottles, so I bought a Soda Stream. It's my favourite gadget now!
  • Moviegal77
    Moviegal77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to kick my Coke Zero habit and I've switched to Perrier, I need my fizzy drink.
  • fShaw86
    Options
    I checked out those SodaStream machines, they're a bit pricey. Looks so cool, and easy to use, however!

I'll also give this Polar Seltzer a try :)

Haha I'm a teetotaler so it needs to be all non-alcoholic drinks!

Also, is it just me, or does every other person have cats... which is awesomeness... :D