Going on a trip - food suggestions

Options
I will be away from Friday morning through Sunday afternoon, and need some help figuring out what I can bring for healthy food choices! There is no fridge in the hotel or microwave. Only one meal is provided. My goal is not to spend any money eating out. I'm coming up short thinking of things to bring that aren't raw fruits and veggies or granola bars. I personally need something much more substantial. Ill be working all weekend so ill also need stamina!!!

Typically for breakfast I have cereal with slim milk and fruit. Snacks are yogurt, cheese, almonds, fruit, etc. dinner is some protein and veggies, sometimes a starch or rice, and lunch is normally left overs from the night before. Any ideas?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I understand your concern. I travel too.

I usually take some fruit that can travel well like apples or pears and protein bars for the flight day.

Check the hotel breakfast. If it is included with the room rate. Some hotels have oatmeal , yogurt and fresh fruit in their breakfast menus. I try to use those who do.

Also, check if there are any organic markets near the hotel. They have fresh ready to eat lunch and dinner options, less expensive than fancy restaurants.

Do not forget to exercise !. If the hotel does not have a gym area. I go for a walk. if the area is not safe for walking (it happens some time) I go up the emergency stairs to the last floor and down the elevator, repeat until failure.

Safe travel.