How much do you spend each week on groceries?

Options

Replies

• xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Around $125-150/wk for 2 adults and 1 child. That covers all three meals as we don't really do restaurants, random lunch buys, or coffees out. Also, that's at Australian prices which can be quite stupid. About $40-45 of that is our weekly fruit & veg order.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The month of August I spent a hundred bucks for the whole month, to feed our family of seven. But we ate off our garden and some food storage plus I baked and cooked non-stop.

Usually it's a lot more, but I can't really say for sure, since this month I spent a lot more at a case lot sale that'll enable me to spend less for the next four months.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel embarrassed to say maybe 200-250/week for me, hubby and 12 and 5 year old girls.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    About $100/week for myself - and I don't eat much. Nothing organic. Food just costs more here in South Korea.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    About $100/week *sob*
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We tend to spend betwee $100-$130 depending on what we purchase. We eat all meals at home and take packed lunches to work, with the exception of Friday/Saturday nights. It is just me and my partner and a little pup and we eat quite healthily so it sounds like your bill is about right.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    About $250 weekly.
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel embarrassed to say maybe 200-250/week for me, hubby and 12 and 5 year old girls.

Don't be! My partners parents used to spend close to $400/$500 a week on groceries for their 4 growing boys, a small dog and themselves! Plus all the visitors going in and out each day! Young kids increase $$ on everything, I think they were very relieved when a few of them moved out, the grocery bill halved and so did the washing!
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I spend 100 a week for my husband, 5 year old son, and myself. Then we have a little extra budget for eating out- like 20 a week.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    About $500-$600 a month, that feeds me, hubby and 2 teenage sons!! :sad:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    $50 a wk, me, my partner and our 1yr old son. we rarely eat out
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We spend about $300/week. But we also have five kids and live in a very expensive area.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's just me so about 20 if that much...
  • littlexbug
    Options
    I try to plan our meals for 1 week. Depending if I get meat in bulk and toiletries, I spend anywhere from 80-150 dollars for my boyfriend and I. I also cook large meals and freeze them for future meals, so there are weeks where I hardly spend anything except for fruits and veggies.
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    About $50 on average for myself
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Mine averages out to $50/ week. Usually one $150ish trip and one $50 trip per month. Just me and the boyfriend, mostly fresh foods and some packaged snack foods. Happy to live in an affordable area!
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    150 Week. 2 small kids 1 preteen 2 adults. Sometimes 200.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    About $200 (that's a rough budget); feeding myself, my husband, our four year old son, two roommates (one of whom is lactose intolerant, the other works weird shifts so needs 'grab and go' food), packed lunch for hubby and eating out once every two weeks (er, ordering in, but whatever). Plus two cats and a dog.

Heck, in that light, that ain't bad, lol!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    About $150 a week for 2 adults and a 3-year old. We eat everything at home/pack food at home.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    In my budget I allot $75 a week to food. Some weeks it's more and some weeks it's less (when I buy meat it's more - but I only buy it when it's on sale so I can freeze it). I don't even eat meat everyday so I don't understand how some of you get by on less! I guess it depends on where you live.
    I could probably spend less if I ate more potatoes and pasta and other cheap foods but I stick to fresh produce and lean meats mostly.