My first 5 k

Options
I'm 43 years old and ran my first 5 k yesterday. I was a soccer player in high school but had never in my life even run 1 mile much less more than 3 at one time until after I lost this weight and a friend introduced me to C25K.
Not only did I finish, I made it in less than 30 minutes. This was much faster than I thought I could do. My time was 29 minutes and 58 seconds.
Don't let your age or weight hold you back. If you want to do it, you can. I'm living proof of that. Out of 316 women, I was number 87th overall and was ranked 7th out of 30 for my age group. I am so pleased with this result that I'm planning another 5 k in 2 weeks.

Replies

• WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations! No stopping you now :smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! You have every right to be proud of yourself. Good luck in the next 5K.

JAM
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!!!!!!! Thank you and you should be sooo proud!!!
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic- and what a great time too! I am the same age and hoping to do my first 5k next month though am hoping for 40 minutes! I shall think of you for inspiration!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome I want to eventually start the c25k. You can be my inspiration!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I started this journey because I felt old and tired all of the time. Pretty early in my weight loss efforts, I was diagnosed with a Vitamin D deficiency. My doctor treated this which made exercise and weight loss much easier. In February, I made the decision to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids and the problems I have from them. Everything I read said that a hysterectomy patient recovers much faster if they are fit before surgery. I have really thrown myself into eating right and exercising. I love running in general because it makes me feel so healthy (I almost never get out of breath anymore) and it burns so many calories. My surgery is coming up in 3 weeks. I was content to do the run yesterday and thought that would give me motivation to keep me fit before surgery. I am seriously considering doing another one the week before just to keep me motivated. After surgery, I won't be able to exercise so much. I'm hoping to start doing some light walking right away and ease back into running within a month. I just hope that I can motivate myself again and keep going with this new, healthy lifestyle.
    What I learned is that having a goal and sticking to it keeps you on track. It also has made me a much happier and more fulfilled person. I raised my kids and did the best job I could for them. Now I'm taking care of myself .
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!