What's the best way to celebrate reaching a goal?

Options

Replies

• feliciapeters
    Options
    SHOES
  • mamaminxy
    Options
    i usually treat myself to new clothes or a dvd for the family, but a day out can work if you do something active, a nature walk or a trip to a farm is always nice for with kids x
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    WOW! congrats! those new shoes are sounding mighty fine!:happy:
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like promising myself rewards. A day off work (kind of the opposite of a "sick" day - a "well" day :)). A trip out of town - Vegas, anyone? Massages are good. A nice bottle of scotch...stuff like that. :)
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My first goal is to be under 200 pounds and then I will get a manicure and pedicure. I am really trying to stay away from rewards involving food because lets face it thats what got me here in the first place.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have all of my goals broken down in monthly segments, and each one gets a different reward. I usually reward myself with small, $15-$20 items. In January I bought new pillows, and last month it was a new dress. Sometimes if there's something bigger that I want I'll set a three month goal. I used to reward myself with a cheat day or a night out, but I've found that this is much better at keeping me motivated!
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I was at nutritionist this morning and according to her scale I reached 250.6 which she considers goal.

But I'm having such a crappy few days all I want is ICE CREAM.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Once again I am reminded that I might need a new set of glasses.

I read:

What's the best way to celebrate reaching a GOAT.

Ouch.
  • FunnyGirl613
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to reward myself with a chin up bar...
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    New tattoo !
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I celebrate my goals with new workout clothes, and new workout dvd, a new pair of high heels, and once I even celebrated with a piece of jewelry. I knew I wanted something meaningful, and when I saw it I knew it was right! It was a butterfly pendant with the words "believe in the beauty of your dreams" inscribed on the back. How much more appropriate could that have been?

Congrats on getting so close to your goal! Enjoy your celebration!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    A piercing or tattoo haha. But that's just me :smile:
  • kvcash
    kvcash Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a new pair of running shoes to help motivate you! Thats what I plan on getting when I reach my first goal! :)
  • FunnyGirl613
    Options
    So I'm an orthodox Jew so tattoos are off the table. And I'm already invested in good running shoes.

But I'm definitely leaning towards some sort of sports equipment...

Maybe my 50lb goal will be a bicycle...
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Pedicure and new jeans!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    SHOPPING!!!!!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Invest in some new exercise equipment?

I got myself a heart rate monitor as a reward for really being invested in my workout program and making it longer than I ever had.
  • vickybloss
    Options
    Follow me , I need support :(
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Starting weight 220
    200- hair done (close so I did it last night lol)
    189- $100 on new clothes
    167- Tanning package
    150- New tattoo or get my back piece finished.

I think a really good way to celebrate reaching your goal is a photo shoot all about you.
    Maybe I'll talk my husband to let me have that as a finishing goal as well :P
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    A friend of mine had a ceremonial burning of her fat clothes. (Which I thought was odd, but could be fun too.) I don't have any particular weight loss target, but if I can get back into my old clothes, that will be a massive victory for me and will be reward enough..