hello fellow myfitnesspal users, this is my story

Options
Start Weight: Jan 7, 2013 - 265.6 lbs
Goal Weight: Dec 31, 2013 - 170-175 lbs pending on muscle mass.
Current Weight: 211.2 lbs
TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS: 54.4 lbs

Hello everyone,

i first started using Calorie counter for about 2 weeks when i got frustrated because i could never find many Canadian food items, living in Markham, Ontario, Canada.
I got myfitnessapp and it has so many more Canadian foods so ive been a steady user since Feb 8, 2013.

my story, i weighed myself January 7, 2013 and i was an astonishing 265.6 lbs and im 5' 9
i was so fat.
my friend told me that if i dont start taking care of myself and eating better i wont live the way i was eating.
it hit me and i started to eat better...not well still but better than before.

id eat mainly 2 meals a day and it consisted of take out or restaurants or processed foods from the freezer.
so unhealthy and i never cared.

i started by eating more smaller meals but still ate mainly take out and at restaurants.
being single and living alone i never had any motivation to cook at all.
i started going back to the gym and lifting weights again along with cardio after lifting 4-5 times a week.

i started losing weight but not much...i lost 10 lbs in the first three weeks which was good but nothing compared to what was to come.

the same friend told me that i should read the book "Wheat Belly" and i did.
i read it in two days and could not stop until i was done.
my life changed forever.

i finally realized so much and how many lies most ppl are being told about Carbs, sugars, and Wheat itself.
i wont get into that here but everyone should read it...it did change my views on foods and ill never eat the same again.

i then read the book "The Paleo Diet" and then "The Primal Blueprint" and referred to Mark's website, MarksDailyApple.com
again reading those two books changed my life and views even more.

i started eating a Paelo/Primal diet.

very low carbs (only carbs from 1 fruit a day and from veggies) and more protien.
i was already tracking everything i ate via myfitnessapp and was going for 2lbs lost a week but now eating the way i was helped a lot.
i was having a hard time eating 1500 cals my caloric limit to lose 2 lbs a week eating primal.
i stopped getting the sugar/carb highs and lows and when im full im really full.
i eat as much veggies and protien as i can and its not enough to hit 1500 cals.
ive been pretty good with my new lifestyle of eating with the occational hiccup and i dont let it get me down.
i continue my Paleo/Primal way of eating and im going strong.
i will continue to eat this way the rest of my life.
i dont ever want to eat a frozen entree again knowing how bad it is.
i no longer crave a mcd's mcdouble which i used to eat two at a time and dressed it like a MAC!
I eat mainly veggies of some sort (broccoli, kale, asparagus, cauliflower, etc non starchy carbs) and meats (beef, chicken, pork, turkey etc) in all my meals.
so far so good...

i feel so much better and have so much more energy...i feel good all the time regardless of how much or little sleep i get.
when i get hungry i can wait to eat where before i had to eat NOW or i get all angry and jittery.
from what i read since ive been eating less than 50grams of carbs a day my body may be in KETOSIS which is a good thing.
i dont know if i am and didnt ever get strips to check but as long as i eat healthy and am feeling awsm as i do ill continue to do what i am doing and its easy...

ive gotten two friends and my brother who are all following my way of life and they all have lost 20-25 lbs each and they have only been doing it for about a month.

i am not sure if my story differs from many other ppl here or if anyone even cares to read this but i thought id share it.

I have a long way to go to get to my desired weight and body compostion but i wont let that ever stop me until i get there...be it DEC 31 or next year.