No Wonder....

Options
No wonder so many people are so confused about dieting and weight loss and end up getting frustrated and giving up. Saw Bob Harper from Biggest Loser (I'll keep my opinion on that show to myself) on a morning show this morning. He was telling women to eat 800 calories a day of mainly vegetables for 3 weeks and they'll get into that swim suit or wedding dress! The host asked if it was dangerous..his reply was no, it's only for 3 weeks...WHAT???

Here is my thought...so you get into that wedding dress, you eat 2000 calories every day on your honeymoon and BAM....it's all back by the time you are done with the honeymoon and your new hubby is wondering what the heck..haha!

Just eat healthy and move more people! Have a healthy day :)

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    bridenowicangetfat.jpg
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    omg, LOVE it!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    bridenowicangetfat.jpg

HAHAHAHA I have GOT To show this to my hubby. I'm his 4th wife (going on 7 years now :) ) and while he's 4 for 4 in wives who gained 75- 125 lbs after the wedding, I'm the only one who burned it back off!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    slimer_zps743965ac.gif
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    No wonder so many people are so confused about dieting and weight loss and end up getting frustrated and giving up. Saw Bob Harper from Biggest Loser (I'll keep my opinion on that show to myself) on a morning show this morning. He was telling women to eat 800 calories a day of mainly vegetables for 3 weeks and they'll get into that swim suit or wedding dress! The host asked if it was dangerous..his reply was no, it's only for 3 weeks...WHAT???

Here is my thought...so you get into that wedding dress, you eat 2000 calories every day on your honeymoon and BAM....it's all back by the time you are done with the honeymoon and your new hubby is wondering what the heck..haha!

Just eat healthy and move more people! Have a healthy day :)
    Great post, right here.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    bridenowicangetfat.jpg

Too funny! ;D
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser hasn't helped the weight loss war at all, I think. Too many people think, they have to go to that extreme to lose their pounds. *sigh*
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    LOVE the pic!!! Thats crazy he would say that on TV. No wonder Americans as a whole have an obese epidemic
  • blpnana
    blpnana Posts: 36
    Options
    I agree with you! It's horrible that he's telling women or anyone to do that. Restricting the caloric intake of someone to that degree will only result in binging and you're body getting screwed up. Not cooll!
  • Fat2FitACE
    Options
    That is a horrible approach.....It can't be for 3 weeks it has to be forever (not the extreme veggie thing)

It is so sad to see people so obsessed with skinny! I want to be fit...if that means I am a size 10-12 forever I am ok with that. I will not chase skinny ever again!!
  • blpnana
    blpnana Posts: 36
    Options
    that's funny :laugh: and TRUE!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser hasn't helped the weight loss war at all, I think. Too many people think, they have to go to that extreme to lose their pounds. *sigh*

That, or they think they will lose 10lbs in a week and then get frustrated and quit when they can't do it.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options

That, or they think they will lose 10lbs in a week and then get frustrated and quit when they can't do it.

This seems to be SO common based on the number of threads here with people complaining they only lost 2 pounds this week and what are they doing wrong??!!

Um, nothing, you lost 2 pounds.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 800 cal approach. Harper's been in the business for a long time. The idea that someone would put the weight back on is dependent on the person, as anyone going back to eating like crap will put the weight on no matter what diet they do.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with 800 cal approach. Harper's been in the business for a long time. The idea that someone would put the weight back on is dependent on the person, as anyone going back to eating like crap will put the weight on no matter what diet they do.
    He's been in the entertaining business for a long time, yes. He is the fitness equivalent of Dr. Oz.
    And please don't post on here claiming that there's nothing wrong with eating 800 calories a day.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I hate what that show represents, I've never seen it BUT I'm not a fan of any health/fitness "gurus" making millions of $$$ on the obesity problem. It's just another "fad" in my opinion.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options
    He's been in the entertaining business for a long time, yes. He is the fitness equivalent of Dr. Oz.
    And please don't post on here claiming that there's nothing wrong with eating 800 calories a day.

I just did. Don't hate because you disagree with a fitness pro.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about bread. :(
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Don't hate?. Are you 13?
    Harper cares about selling his product, therefore caters to people who want to lose weight fast and easy, the type of people who want to lose 25 pounds in a month, because their wedding dress does not fit. He does not give a rat's *kitten* about people's health, as long as he gets paid. If he did, we wouldn't be on Biggest Loser.
  • AbsoluteNG
    Options

Don't hate?. Are you 13?
    Harper cares about selling his product, therefore caters to people who want to lose weight fast and easy, the type of people who want to lose 25 pounds in a month, because their wedding dress does not fit. He does not give a rat's *kitten* about people's health, as long as he gets paid. If he did, we wouldn't be on Biggest Loser.

I'll agree with you that Dr. Oz runs his show like he's always selling something but not Bob Harper. He gave you his professional advice on how to get your beach body in three weeks. Free info there, nothing to sell. Take it or leave it but don't hate.