Hollywood CA Newbie

Options
neojedi
neojedi Posts: 12 Member
Hi - New to the site, old to the weight loss efforts. Lots of diets, some work, none stuck. Just read "The China Study" by Dr. T. Colin Campbell and have been inspired to make such a huge change based on his findings (kind of hard to argue with the facts in that puppy). Finally taking the dive into whole foods/vegetarianism TODAY (5/16/10) and kissing burgers (my first love) and sushi (my second) goodbye forever (or pending a monthly cheat day if it's just unbearable...going cold turkey for a month though).

I hate cardio, but love lifting. I suffer through the former with a treadmill and Tivo. Going to try P90x to keep the variety up. Also going to take golf lessons for work this summer. Should be good! BUT, I need friends here, so please help me!!!

Now that meat is off of the menu, I get the feeling that--aside from the cravings--the rest should be doable. I think. In any case, once more into the breach!

Replies

• earlie
    earlie Posts: 22
    Options
    Welcome.......You will love this site...Also wish you the best on becoming a vegetarian.........I haven't tried P90X but a lot on my friends on MFP have. Again welcome :-)