Susan G. Koman Race ~ CT

Options
Sheila_Ann
Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
I will be participating again this year at the annual Susan G. Komen race for the cure on Saturday, June 1st (in Connecticut).

I have been in remission for a year and a half now :drinker: . When I was first diagnosed, I was angry, scared, and shocked, even though I knew I was at high risk due to my family history. Ensuring that we are properly educated and given the kind of treatment we need to survive is very important. Early detection is key! What I like about Susan G. Komen is that all the money raised supports research and local breast cancer education, screening, and treatment programs for women in Connecticut. This is very significant as Connecticut has the 2nd highest incidence of breast cancer in the U.S.

Donations in any amount would be greatly appreciated.

http://transaction.komenct.org/site/TR?px=1399571&fr_id=1220&pg=personal

Thank you! :smile:
Sheila

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If I had any money to speak of, I would be happy to donate, but for now I will just say congratulations, and good luck!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Options
    If I had any money to speak of, I would be happy to donate, but for now I will just say congratulations, and good luck!

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm volunteering at the Young Survivor table this year, come say hi! And I sent a friend request.
    Summer :)
  • Sheila_Ann
    Options
    I'm volunteering at the Young Survivor table this year, come say hi! And I sent a friend request.
    Summer :)

I will def look for you! :) Just wrote myself a note to remind me.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
    b) Requests or solicitations for donations are also not allowed. This includes requesting contributions to “pooled fund” competitions, requests for votes in any venue (online contests, etc.), and even requests for charitable contributions. As you can imagine, we have a lot of people who would like to raise money for worthy causes through the site. As much as we'd like to support these causes, if we were to allow requests for donations, the forums would quickly become full of such requests which would take away from the main purpose of the forums - to support one another.
    c) Posts or messages to members promoting websites that compete with MyFitnessPal are also prohibited.