Feeling discouraged...

Options
I have been eating right and exercising since January and haven't lost a pound. I'm obviously doing something wrong, can someone help me figure out what that is? My diary is open. I've been carb and calorie cycling, so yesterday (Sunday) I went over on calories on purpose because I was under the two days before, and will also be today. My BMR is about 1350, so that is what my base calories are set to. I am currently doing a turbofire/chalean extreme doubles program for my exercises, and before that I finished the Les Mills body combat program.

If you could please give me some advice and the reasoning behind that advice that would be great. Thank you so much :)

Replies

• mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    try sticking to your calories,and not adding in your excercise..maybe your not burning as many calories as you think you are while excercising.you said you are cycling carbs and calories,but your days you are over,you are way over,and the calories on the days you are under are significantly less in comparison to your over days. maybe just stick to your number and stop cycling..I also did turbo fire,and found that I lost more when i didn"t factor in excercise..I've messaged myfitness pal before to sugest that they add popular workouts like turbofire and p90x to there excercise choices, and maybe give intensity level options to better calculate calories,, but they suggested to just put everything under aerobics or cardio..thats why i stopped factoring in excercise,,there really is no way to tell if what they calculate matches whats actually happening..
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i dont know if this is what your doing, but my friend recently made the same claim, that they are doing everything right and not losing, then i saw them not measuring their food, not counting coffee, creamer, condiments, veggies, etc... calories can add up very fast if your not paying attention. even a bit of something should be logged for accuracy. maybe you need to tighten the ropes on your logging, and try eating back only half of your exercise calories. try that, see if it works...
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating calories burned?
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I agree that calorie cycling might not be the best thing to do when doing intense exercise. Maybe keep to a set deficit 6 days a week and have one day where you allow yourself cheat meals in moderation (don't gorge). And don't eat back your calories. Use the harrison-benedict formula to see what you should be eating as it lets you add in an activity factor.
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with both of them. Count everything when logging!!! And the best way to get the most accurate count of calories burned is to use a Fuel Band or something similar. Doing those two things TOTALLY changed my results :wink:

6933613.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How long have you been calorie counting? I only see like 5 days worth of data. Second, do not follow MFP when it comes to figuring out calorie goals for beachbody programs. Follow Beachbody's guide to figure out your calorie needs and use their macro's. If you are going to do their program, do the whole thing.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I used a HRM to calculate my calories burned during exercise, and I always log as 5 minutes less than I actually do (so if I exercise for 30 minutes, I say it was 25) I also plug in everything I ate (I entered 1 prune the other day lol)

I have been using this site for a while, and if you go back to the 11th my diary resumes. Last week my computer had some problems and I couldn't log anything

Edit: To those who sent me messages, MFP is not letting me look at them for some reason; it says the site is down for maintenance. I will read them as soon as it will let me :(