Acai Berry and Colon Cleanser

Options
Has anyone had any good success with Acai Berry and Colon Cleanser dietary supplements? I am not looking for a "miracle pill" or anything like that. Just looking to see if there are supplements that could boost my weight loss numbers a little bit and give me extra energy to get thru the day.

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I really hate to admit that I spent the money and tried both before finding MFP. I did not notice any real change with either the colon cleanse (Dr. Natura) or Acaiberry:blushing: I would suggest you save the money and spend it on healthy food. It has taken 7 months to lose 50 pounds but counting calories and increasing my exercise level have been the only key to weight loss for me. Good luck on your journey.
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Bought these products thinking it would be a quick fix and once they came, I was scared to take them!! They look weird/ like fake pills. I'm convinced it's all a scam and that it doesn't actually work and they just want to charge your credit card!! It's not worth it! Don't do it!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology, as does my husband. It has a whole list of super foods (over 70 ingredients), vitamins, minerals etc that has helped with our weight loss and energy. After drinking one shake a day for 90 days, my husbands cholesterol was lower by 20% as well. Awesome. We'll take that. No more Lipitor! And I'd much rather drink a yummy chocolate shake each day than try to choke down a bunch of pills.:drinker:
    Risa
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    http://news5reports.com/health/acai-report/ab.php?t202id=66198&t202kw=PN

After reading this I might want to try! lol ... Only need to lose 12 lbs
  • tabbysue
    tabbysue Posts: 8
    Options
    i warn anybody here and now. do not waste ur money. i bought them and was smart enuff to cancell b4 they got my credit card again but they do nothing at all. and yes they do look fake. and they smell like guinni pig food lol and had no effect on me whatso ever. i saw all the sites bragging about how amazing it was, and for four dollars i figured id try it. its a ripoff. even the news five one is fake.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Definitely be careful ordering online. They have a "free trial" but they sign you up for all these other subscriptions and they start charging you unless you cancel all of them AND send the pills back. I made this mistake. I was able to stop it but I did pay for the pills. That was before I found this site.

I didn't end up taking the pills but I started to recently because I figured, what the heck, I spent the money and bought them so I might as well take them! Like you, I wanted a supplement because while I am losing weight, I'm not losing the 2lbs. per week that I could be.

My bottle is almost gone; so I've been taking them for almost a month. They haven't done a thing. I haven't lost any more weight than I was without them, and I don't feel any extra energy or anything like that.

I'd say it isn't worth the money. Keep on doing what you're doing and you'll see results. It might be taking you a bit longer, but you will get there! =)