Taco Soup recipe/ calories?

Options
bjenegiles
bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
Hi all

I made an awesome slow cooker taco soup,but I have no flippin idea how many calories is in my recipe. If there is anyone out there that knows how to calculate the calories per serving...PLZ help me.

1 can chili beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pack of taco seasoning
1lb ground turkey
1/2 medium chopped onion

1 cup per serving
This recipe made 7 servings.

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Use this site: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Just copy and paste in your ingredients and enter the number of services and it gives you full break down of nutrition facts. This looks yummy! And only 155 calories per serving!
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    i make taco soup once or twice a month we love it. i put 2 cans of kidney beans 1 can of refried black beans 1 can diced tomatoes iwth chilies 1 can tomato sauce 1pkg of taco seasoning and 1 onion.
    i have a 3 & 5 year old and they top there bowls with cheese and goldfish crackers...they turn out great!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    yummy - I love my slow cooker.
  • bjenegiles
    bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks all

I love my slow cooker too. On Friday, my hubby will be back from his business trip. I am going to cook a special meal for him while I'm working. LOL...Slow cookers are awesome.
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I make almost the same recipe every Sunday for lunches in my crockpot.

1 lb Ground Turkey
    2 Taco Seasonings
    2 Can Black Beens
    2 Cans Corn
    2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
    4 cans Chicken Broth

Saturday night I had a BBQ at the house. There was a whole tray of sliced veggies for the hamburgers (Tomatoes, Red Onions, White Onions, lettuce and avocado) left over Sunday morning.

I took the whole tray of veggies and put it through my Juicer, then I threw the juice and the pulp into the crockpot and used 2 less cans of chicken broth. It was great. The taste of the onion really came through.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My wife makes that soup, or at least something really really similar - hers includes a little instant ranch dressing mix too (try it, it adds a little sour-creamy tangy, it's good). She ran it through Calorie King and came up with 165 cals per cup.

You may be able to access it. Try "Diana's Taco Soup".
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    My wife makes that soup, or at least something really really similar - hers includes a little instant ranch dressing mix too (try it, it adds a little sour-creamy tangy, it's good). She ran it through Calorie King and came up with 165 cals per cup.

You may be able to access it. Try "Diana's Taco Soup".

Hilarious. When I first read through your comment, I thought your wife ran it by Carole King. I thought: "Wow! They know Carole King."
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. When I first read through your comment, I thought your wife ran it by Carole King. I thought: "Wow! They know Carole King."
    [/quote]

Hahahaha! Yes, nearly a year later I'm searching for recipes using hamburger, and this made me LOL!!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you go under the "FOOD" tab, there's a recipe subsection. You can then enter all of your ingredients along with the serving size and how many the recipe serves and MFP will calculate all the nutritional info for you.
  • honeybunny50
    Options
    I loke my slow cooker here to thanks for the taco soup i will make it again soon!
  • honeybunny50
    Options
    I like my slow cooker here to thanks for the taco soup i will make it again soon!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    sounds delicious!!!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Bump for later......