Winco Protein Powder -- Whey

Options
TRMite
TRMite Posts: 60 Member
Does anyone know what company makes the Whey protein powder from the bins at Winco? Is it 100% Whey? I found nutrition data on their website for the soy one but not for the whey. It's a great price but I want to know what I'm getting.

Replies

• jennifershirsch
    jennifershirsch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I work at a Winco and we don't sell whey protein powder in the bulk bins, only the soy (bin #1752). As for it containing whey, I am not sure. If you have any questions about any of the items in the bulk bins, call your local Winco or inquire on their facebook page...they always respond to questions fairly quickly. I hope that I was of some assistance.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it was whey? I could only find soy as well.
  • Taylorxxlynne
    Taylorxxlynne Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Costco has Whey Protein powder, but I'm not sure if it's 100%. There's chocolate and vanilla, and they are both in big zip lock bags. I have both, and they taste really good mixed in almond milk!
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Costco has Whey Protein powder, but I'm not sure if it's 100%. There's chocolate and vanilla, and they are both in big zip lock bags. I have both, and they taste really good mixed in almond milk!

I just tried the chocolate one from there. The Cytpsport at Costco. Yea it says it is 100% Whey. It tasted pretty good too.
  • TRMite
    Options
    I'm going to have to go back and double-check because website indicates it doesn't exist. I'll try messaging the store too. Thanks.
  • TRMite
    Options
    Yes, my girlfriend bought soy and I bought whey so I'm certain.
  • TRMite
    Options
    thanks for suggesting Facebook. This is a new (and exciting to me) product offering. Here is the info I got back.

Hi Lisa, so happy you found it! We update the site once a month with new bulk items, so it should show up on our next update. It's made by Betterbody Foods and below are the ingredients and nutrition information. Please let us know if we can help with anything else at all, it's an honor working for you!

#2555 Whey Protein Ingredients: 80% WHEY PROTEIN - WHEY PROTEIN IS A BYPRODUCT OF THE CHEESE MAKING PROCESS; SO THIS IS A 100% MILK BYPRODUCT WITH THE CHEMICAL MAKE UP BEING 80% PROTEIN, 10 % FAT, 5% LACTOSE (A MILK SUGAR) AND THE REST BEING MOISTURE THAT CONTAINS VITAMINS AND MINERALS, ETC. (ALSO, AS MENTIONED, THERE IS SOME SOY PRODUCT (LECITHIN) ADDED TO MAKE IT "INSTANTIZED").

Serving Size: 25g
    Calories: 100 (10 from fat)
    Total Fat: 1g
    Protein: 19g
    Sat. Fat: 0.6g
    Trans Fat: 0.1g
    Chol: 60mg
    Sodium: 50mg
    Carbs: 1.5g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Man, I need to find this!! I have only found the soy protein at my Winco.....and I would believe this whey would also be a good price. The other Winco is like 175 miles from me.....hmmmmm
  • AlliRussell
    Options
    I buy Whey protein in the bins at Winco so I know for a fact that the one in Moscow, ID has Whey :)
  • ThunderMonkeyy
    Options
    order it online like everyone else. Optimum Nutrition makes the best imo
  • ryanbergevin5
    Options
    Does anyone know if the whey protein at Winco is gluten free?
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    As of July 13 of last year they now list the nutritional value on the bin Itself as well as the website. has 19 g of protein hundred calories for 25g..among other values . I'm looking for recipes; how much water to add, etc
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    They do sale whey powder but no manufacture info.
    http://wincofoods.com/2013/07/18/2555-whey-protein/