Question about plateaus

sky379
sky379 Posts: 46
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I've read a lot of posts and articles about "busting through plateaus/jumpstarting metabolism" and I know that I should increase my caloric intake. I read an article by Jillian Michaels and it said to multiply current weight by 12 and to stick to that for a few days/weeks. Since the article I read did not mention anything about exercise calories, my question is, should I continue to eat my exercise calories, when trying to speed up metabolism/break through plateau.

It is not really a plateau that I am experiencing. I don't have a lot of weight to lose (10-15lbs) but I have not been losing any weight (actually have gained weight since joining this site) with my goal at 1200, so I wanted to "jumpstart my metabolism" and thought if I increased my caloric intake to my current weight x 12. I also read to multiply goal weight x 13, but I'm sticking with the current x12. I am also trying to lower intake of carbs, salt, and sugar.

I'm sure most will reply that I should eat my exercise calories regardless of what my caloric goal/day is, so I'm wondering how long should I be eating more calories, before changing my goals on MFP to lose 1 lb per week.

Anyone who is in a similar situation, please advice on what you did that worked for you to "jumpstart weight loss" or break through metabolism. Thanks in advance!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.