NSV's; improvements you've made *outside* weightloss?

I was wondering what people have done outside of weightloss to improve their health. Because we all know that getting healthy is more than just a number on the scale.

Things like: quitting smoking, giving up diet soda, reducing coffee intake, becoming a vegetarian or abstaining from refined sugars, taking up an exercise regimen, reducing salt intake, or anything else you can think of!

1.5 years ago, I gave up smoking. There is not a day when I regret the decision! I've saved buco bucks and avoided a lot of nasty tar by quitting my habit!

Also, last New Year's I resolved to stop adding creamer to my coffee. I can now enjoy a cup of coffee without adding a bunch of caloric creamer to it.

More recently I've almost completely given up eating refined sugar. I had gone a few months without indulging, but last weekend was my mom's birthday and, although I held out for most of the weekend, I finally relented and had a slice of chocolate cheese cake last Saturday. But overall, I've found it *much* easier to abstain from refined sugar by affirming to myself that, although I can have sugary sweets, I don't really want them!

Post your Non-scale victories here!