Any women 200+ doing P90X?

Options
Hello everyone,

Today my P90X set came and I'm pretty excited :) I'm going to open it up and fully read the nutrition plan as soon as I get off of work. I was thinking about starting today but I'm going to start tomorrow lets see what happens when I'm off. Anywho.... I just wanted to know if there was any other women 200+ doing it. If anyone was starting it feel free to add me and we can take this journey together. To those who have done it or are doing it how is it going? Have you been sticking it out everyday?

Also I took a look at the nutrition plan and I might have skimmed through it pretty fast but I noticed the calories levels were Level I 1800 Level 2 2400 and Level 3 3,000. Wow that pretty high. Do you guys go with the amount the book shows or do you modify it? Please drop your thoughts and feel free to shoot me a friend request. :)

Amanda

Replies

• chibbisibbie
    chibbisibbie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I just started P90X today too and am over 200lbs. I will add you! I am really excited to start and took my before photos and tried not to cry lol. I too noticed that the calories seemed really high. I used this website http://p90xcalories.com/ to figure up about how many calories I am burning and plugged that number into MFP and am going to start off by using the recommended calories from MFP.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add and that's great. I'm going to save that website and use it when I start.
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    You're going to do so awesome with this! I'm excited for you! The calorie thing in the nutrition guide is an estimate. Each person is different, but on the whole if you're going to be working out hard with P90X you NEED those calories.
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im going to start today as well. I've been on 1200 cal for the last couple of months. I hadnt given too much thought to uping my calories. To be honest Im a little scared to up them because I have been doing my best to stay at 1200 and I have had good results.

Wish me luck!
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    You're going to do so awesome with this! I'm excited for you! The calorie thing in the nutrition guide is an estimate. Each person is different, but on the whole if you're going to be working out hard with P90X you NEED those calories.

• LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Im going to start today as well. I've been on 1200 cal for the last couple of months. I hadnt given too much thought to uping my calories. To be honest Im a little scared to up them because I have been doing my best to stay at 1200 and I have had good results.

Wish me luck!

Totally feel the same way but if the workouts are intense than you're going to need them. Good luck hun can't wait till we are all on day 90 showing off our bods!!!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i will keep you posted.
  • teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in week 12 of P90X. I was 233pounds when I started, and I am 209 now. I have lost 24 pounds in 12 weeks and my wife has lost about the same. I really enjoyed it. I highly suggest sticking to the meal plan as much as possible. Not neccessarily eating exactly what they say to eat, but sticking to the calorie guidlines and macros. You will be happy with your results. Just make sure to bring it.
  • elena0559
    elena0559 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day one of the lean program down! Felt good to actually do the whole DVD, lol
  • sesenm311
    sesenm311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I placed my order, and I'm starting on monday with P90X. i did it with my friends before, and it worked! I'm going to do my before and after pics, and i'm over 200 lbs. I will add you, and i can't wait to hear your success!
    -Sesen
  • becka9266
    becka9266 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm on week...5? of P90X and I'm 200+. My boyfriend and I started it January first, then got lazy for a few weeks in March (spring break!). So we started again and now we're getting really into it. Please add me, I'd love some encouragement!

So far the only video I struggle with every single time is the Yoga. But if you google P90X Yoga you'll see why.
    Plyo will Kick. Your. Butt. I can't do some of the exercises because of plantar fasciitis but even with modifying, HOLY BANANAS.

So if you get to disc 2 and are so overwhelmed with Plyo, don't give up!
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! I've been reading the books it came with and going to go food shopping and pick up the things I need. I will start on Monday. I so glad to hear that some of you guys have seen great results! Congrats. Can't wait to see your progress. WE CAN DO IT!!! :) GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!
  • Chensta
    Chensta Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also just over 200. I woke up this morning and decided I'm going to do this! Just been doing some reading on the net though and - am I right in thinking that I would need 3000 calories?! I want to be clearer on the nutritional stuff before I start putting money into this...
  • Life_Reporter
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new to this as well. I'm starting P90X Monday (4/29). ONce I calculated everything out. I'm in Level III so I have eat 3,000 calories a day. I'm scared about that, because I don't understand how I'm going to make that happen. Any suggestions??
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new to this as well. I'm starting P90X Monday (4/29). ONce I calculated everything out. I'm in Level III so I have eat 3,000 calories a day. I'm scared about that, because I don't understand how I'm going to make that happen. Any suggestions??

I don't go by the calories the books says because thats way to high for me. I try to eat 1290 my lowest and 1800 my highest. I think for men its different but talking to my RD she says 1800 is ok to stay in and I'm 225. Today I'm on day four and I just quit Yoga X after 40minutes because I'm not ready for the full 90 minutes. What's the status on everyones workouts?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs

Use the link above to figure to out your caloric needs. Regardless if you are a man or a women, you need enough calories to fuel your workout and to maintain your calories. Now, the more weight you have, the higher the calorie deficit, but under eating can hurt results just like over eating can. So yes, woman should be at no less than 1800 calories.

On the yoga note, after 45 minutes, it goes from yoga to more balance and stretching. You almost go through the hard part.