Calories burned for May Challenge!

Options
Hi all!!

I found a post that had challenges for April, but I could not find a challenge about calories burned for May. Anyone interested in counting up all their calories burned and seeing how we compare at the end of May? I thought it would be fun and a good motivator! Feel free to reply here, or message me, or add me (but please only send a friend request if you are as serious as I am please and thank you!)

I'm hoping I can burn 16,000 calories for the month of May. Who's with me?!

Replies

• heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I make no promises to burn 16,000, though. LOL
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    That's over 500/day!!!

I don't track things like "light cleaning" or "food preparation" or "walking 2.5 mph leisurely pace".

I'll aim for 500 sweaty calories burned 5 days a week or 11,000 for the month of May.
  • ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Same here. I don't track any of the walking I do to/across campus, cleaning, etc. I use a Polar HRM to track my calories burned during workouts. I don't consider it a workout unless if I have to shower immediately after! If you're in, we have 5 so far :)
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am in! I also use a Polar HRM. I do not track anything that is an everyday chore. I track gym time, sports, Insanity, and RevAbs. Playing with the kids, cleaning, walking, are all basic things that were done previous to weight gain so why would they be considered exercise?? That is my thought on it anyway.

16,000 sounds good to me!
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm new around here but I'd love to give it a try. I'll go for 10 000. I also only track real workouts.

Great idea by the way!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • ashleyeliz25
    Options
    Yay! I am so excited!! I sent you ladies a friend request so we can all keep in touch during May for the challenge!:) We have 8 awesome ladies so far. I will post their usernames below.
  • ashleyeliz25
    Options
    Yay! I am so excited!! I sent you ladies a friend request so we can all keep in touch during May for the challenge!:) We have 8 awesome ladies so far. I will post their usernames below.

Me (ashleyeliz25) - Ashley
    heathercicle - Heather
    tracyburkee - Tracy
    lilmaminpink - Megan
    Tsscnn
    ThinUpGirl
    Jaded_Rose
    Delll2013

I'm so excited for May!! Sorry if I do not have your name written down, feel free to introduce yourself..I might look into making a group and adding everyone so we can all keep in touch!
  • ashleyeliz25
    Options

Me (ashleyeliz25) - Ashley
    heathercicle - Heather
    tracyburkee - Tracy
    lilmaminpink - Megan
    Tsscnn
    ThinUpGirl
    Jaded_Rose
    Delll2013

I'm so excited for May!! Sorry if I do not have your name written down, feel free to introduce yourself..I might look into making a group and adding everyone so we can all keep in touch!

And miracole (one of MFP friends) just signed up!
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    I am in also heres to a great May,anyone can add me to their friends list for motivation and support

Hugs
    Amanda
  • tracyburkee
    tracyburkee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! Not promising 16,000 though. :-) I only count sweaty workout calories burned with my hrm, no cleaning or food prep stuff. I also don't count weight workouts but maybe I will rethink that plan for May to try to keep up with you all!
  • ashleyeliz25
    Options
    I'd like to join! Not promising 16,000 though. :-) I only count sweaty workout calories burned with my hrm, no cleaning or food prep stuff. I also don't count weight workouts but maybe I will rethink that plan for May to try to keep up with you all!

YAY! I am super excited that so many awesome ladies are joining! I have written all of your usernames down..and have added all of you as friends! I will be creating a group. I will message you all individually about the group, so be on the look out :)

So far we have...

Ashleyeliz25 (Ashley)
    Heathercicle (Heather)
    Tracyburkee (Tracy)
    Lilmaminpink (Megan)
    Miracole
    Heevenlee83 (Amanda)
    Michelle_chloe (Michelle)
    TssCnn
    ThinUpGirl
    Delll2013
    Jaded_rose
    Amerielle
    Falu1975

Please feel free to reply if your first name is not written down!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no thanks
  • PamelaD88
    PamelaD88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just re-joined MFP. I am dealing with a knee injury and potential surgery, so I'm hoping to keep motivated to burning calories!
  • ashleyeliz25
    Options
    I created a group for the May Challenge!! It is called "May Challenge 2013 Calories Burned" so if you are interested in joining, search for the group and join! :)

So far I've had 13 amazing ladies contact me; it's going to be awesome!!!
  • JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    16,000 burned on HRM @ gym - I'm in! It'll be a fun goal to work towards. :smile:
  • cmarie858
    Options
    I am in! I just started this website so this will be my first challenge since being on here. Question how often do you workout? Are you just counting the calories you burn by your workout log? I am having a few issues, I tried to log 20 minutes on the stairmaster at the gym after a cycling class and when trying to enter it I can only find step ups. Have you had any issues with that?
  • airant
    airant Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I will like to be on it...
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am in for 10k as well. Are you basing this on what we log for mfp? thanks