How's my diet? How can I improve it?

Options
2»

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Since your diary isn't open, it's not possible to see what you are really eating. From the examples you give, it doesn't look bad - but it's impossible to give advice from the limited info.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    You eat animal products for every meal. You are destined for a slew of cardiovascular and colorectal diseases.

Also drink gallons of water before breakfast because you are dehydrating yourself at every meal.

What a noob :s

Your diet looks great, just log it all in and stay under your daily goal, with a healthy balanced diet like that the weight will come off.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Since your diary isn't open, it's not possible to see what you are really eating. From the examples you give, it doesn't look bad - but it's impossible to give advice from the limited info.

At the moment I haven't been completely like that just partially. I'm going to switch to like this it's what I'd usually eat just less or more planned out to avoid any junk food. I'm going to start filling the logs on the diary here. Or I'll try and get a few snap shots of the other website I was using.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You eat animal products for every meal. You are destined for a slew of cardiovascular and colorectal diseases.

Also drink gallons of water before breakfast because you are dehydrating yourself at every meal.

NO_zps1330dd61.jpg

Second.

Third!

1297963427_soccer-free-kick-fail.gif
  • lauramcconnell7535
    lauramcconnell7535 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks fine to me, I have cut way down on potatoes, rice and pasta but have not eliminated them. I love bread but switched to a light rye bread. I also include other stuff that I love, like chocolate (in small portions but it keeps me sane.
    As long as you keep your calories in below your calories burned and your diet is well balanced you are in great shape.
    good luck reaching you goals.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    What percent is the best to follow for carb/protein/fat ?

There really isn't, it's more of a personal preference thing. Most people seem to recommend starting with a 40/30/30 carb/fat/protein. Maybe start there and adjust as you see fit? I use 35/30/35 myself, I prefer a little higher protein. Some people prefer a much higher fat intake. Whatever works.

Just try to avoid eating 80% carbs or something, that's not going to allow for sufficient fat or protein intake in my opinion. Reasonably balanced is all you need.

For info about your macros (proteins/fats/carbs) - check out this link. It will give you the formula to figure out your #s and also how to custom change them in MFP:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

I'm supposed to be at 30/35/35, but right now am set at 40/30/30. I've had issues getting to my protein macros in the past so taking it slow. Soon, I plan to change it to the 30/35/35,
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options

You're kidding right? Please Do NOT be serious.
  • mizzcasual
    Options
    Here's a few snapshots of my diet of what I've been eating kinda like so far.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2h6rsj8.jpg

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=16gfpkj&s=4

http://i37.tinypic.com/15fiws9.jpg
  • fitmomness
    fitmomness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out the mashed potatoes :smile:
  • mizzcasual
    Options
    If I switch to mashed sweet potato is that better?
    (I'm slightly addicted to potatoes lol)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Try cutting out the mashed potatoes :smile:

Why?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

You're kidding right? Please Do NOT be serious.

He's serious as a heart attack
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

One last piece of advice. As much as I hate to admit it, take a look at the time people have spent here on this site. Take a look at the weight they've lost. Take a look at the number of posts they've made. If they're just starting out like you, chances are less likely that they are going to be giving solid advice. For example, the suggestion of cutting out mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are fine, just don't let it compose a huge amount of your overall daily intake.

Pay attention to the people who have been successful long term. Not random comments from people who just watched Dr Oz for the first time.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Mashed potatoes are fine if they fit in your calorie goals. If you like sweet potato better, fine. If not, don't worry about it.
  • mizzcasual
    Options
    Oh ok thanks so much for the help :).
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    OP if you're talking strictly weight loss eat whatever you want that fits in your macros and you will lose weight, It would be ideal to fit it with foods you like to avoid binges.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    2.5 is too unrealistic a goal, trying for 1.5 or 1 lb would be better even if you're very over weight.
  • mizzcasual
    Options
    I'm only currently 11st and I'm aiming to get to 8.5st.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    :huh: