Replies

• demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    u look awesome....kudos to you
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well done and congratulations! You should be so proud. So inspiring.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So inspiring, thank you for sharing.
  • madpaddyjack
    madpaddyjack Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's inspirational as hell. Great job!
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you rock. I'm hoping to do some tough mudder/warrior obstacle courses next year! Love to see that you've gotten there!
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hard work. And it has paid. You look fantastic. Thinking of doing my first 5k. Not sure if I am ready.
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, you rock!! Congratulations!!!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look awesome!!!
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Fantastic loss first of all!! Congrats on your second obstacle course! You look amazing, happy, and you are positively glowing with joy! Keep up the great work!

Edit to add... that picture was clearly a pre-obstacle course picture! Would love to see a post course photo. I will be completing my second obstacle course this weekend, and plan on getting DIRTY!!

Thanks! Haha, here's directly after the course. Too bad I don't have any closeups of all my cuts and bruises!

ahEGOMp.jpg
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Love the guns ;)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Incredible weight loss and fitness goals--you look terrific! Loved the photos of your mud run, I'm going to do one next month, but i 'm going for the smaller obstacles (since I'm 58-and nuts). Can you pass on any tips I should know about mud running? Specifically, I'm at a loss as to what would be the best type of clothes to wear? Maybe long sleeves to minimize cuts or belted shorts to keep them up? Thanks for any in site and again...Congrats!!
  • NorthSeaSqueezebox
    NorthSeaSqueezebox Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love it! Really great work! Your guns are unbelievable.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    Incredible weight loss and fitness goals--you look terrific! Loved the photos of your mud run, I'm going to do one next month, but i 'm going for the smaller obstacles (since I'm 58-and nuts). Can you pass on any tips I should know about mud running? Specifically, I'm at a loss as to what would be the best type of clothes to wear? Maybe long sleeves to minimize cuts or belted shorts to keep them up? Thanks for any in site and again...Congrats!!

Thanks! For clothes, I found it really helpful to run in leggings and knee socks. I haven't done long sleeves because I've just been a little afraid of getting bogged down. Basically the tighter the better, because you'll probably be getting submerged in muddy water a couple of times, plus when you're crawling the less material to have to deal with the better. I've seen people in all kinds of stuff out there, just try to stay away from anything baggy or pants that will want to fall down if they get wet. Get some wicking socks. I know some people are big believers in taping their shoes to help them stay on, but I don't do that. I double knot and just keep trucking, and have yet to lose a shoe. Ooh, and wear waterproof sunscreen! Definitely don't wear sunglasses or a hat or anything, that sucker will be gone. Some people wear gloves for the walls and stuff, I have never done that.

Other tips, when running in mud keep your feet moving and don't go right through the middle. The middle is the deepest, murkiest, and the eater of shoes. In tunnels or other low obstacles, stick to bear crawls as long as you can, that will save your knees a lot of shredding. It probably seems obvious, but when doing the jumping obstacles, or balance beams, running across platforms and that sort of thing- you gotta keep moving. If you stop, you're much more likely to fall.

Most importantly, have a blast! It's a super, super good time, and everyone is supportive and helpful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!