Question for those of you at or close to your goal weight

Options
I have cellulite guys, and I hate it. I was wondering, of those of you who had lost most or all of you weight, who started out with cellulite, did it go away or at least get a lot better. I have lost around 20 pounds now and the cellulite is still there, and doesn't seem to be much less. This concerns me. What helps cellulite the most? Any tricks or tips? Thanks!

Replies

• Sweatin
    Sweatin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im with you. I have lost 22 lbs since Feb. I have alot of cellulite on my thighs, have since I hit puberty, and its still hanging around. The only thing i have noticed is the more tone my legs are getting the less noticable it is. Also, I tan, that makes it less noticable too. Although I know its there, my husband doesnt notice it even when I point it out. The more I think about everything my body has done for me, and see what I have accomplished, the less noticable it is also. Hang in there, your doing awesome, 20 llbs is great and look at how much healthier you are.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 pounds and YES!!! It does go away. Just keep it up and you will notice it will go away.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    making sure you get plenty of fluids will help some, but how much depends on the person.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 pounds and still have it... but then, my goal weight is at the top of my recommended BMI, I didn't shoot for super skinny (I'm a size 8/10) I'm also in my 40's and have had 3 children - not young like you! :wink:

I hit my current weight in November of 2006, been up and down within about 10 pounds in either direction but pretty much maintaining around 150-ish. I think my body pretty much looks the way it's gonna look, cellulite and all!

I think a good part of it is genetics, just like stretch marks - you either get 'em, or you don't! (I was lucky enough to get those too) :laugh:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Like has already been mentioned, how much cellulite a person has is largely dependent upon genetics. I still have some but it has gotten a LOT better since I've approached my goal weight and really started exercising regularly.
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 pounds and YES!!! It does go away. Just keep it up and you will notice it will go away.

Yay! That is good to hear. Thanks for all of the encouragement everyone!