edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
best workout to slim thighs n burn fat????? any help

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    ChaLEAN Extreme!!!!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    For me it's kettlebells. I really feel it in my legs and it's very intense so I burn a lot of calories in a short time. I also love the Pilates portion of Jennifer Kries Perfect Mix. Even after a few workouts my legs feel slimmer and more toned.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Make sure you are doing enough cardio and mixing in legs as much as possible. It's hard to spot reduce, but you can do machine weights, lunges, squats, etc. Don't be afraid of weights. YOu have to have muscle to burn fat and calories.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Slim in 6 is awesome for burning fat and slimming and strengthening your legs. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Right now, I'm doing P90X. I think the two programs complement each other nicely, but the SI6 does amazing things for legs.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,386 Member
    I've found Yahoo! Health to be a good resource for health and fitness. Here's a link to an article that relates to this topic:
    http://health.yahoo.com/tips/all-about-you-spot-the-myth/realage--3157.html;_ylt=AjQfDBKV8HkfH.ikZPDltYJLvs8F

All About YOU: Spot the Myth

Will leg lifts thin your thighs? Can sit-ups tame tummy fat?

Unfortunately, spot reduction is a long-cherished myth. In fact, doing hundreds of leg lifts, lunges, or squats in the absence of a well-balanced exercise program is more likely to increase the definition in -- and size of -- your thighs by adding muscle. Still, there's nothing wrong with more muscle. It looks and feels great! But for allover size reduction, do lots of stamina exercises along with the resistance workouts.

You cannot determine which areas of your body will lose fat or in what proportion they will lose fat, compared to other areas. Think of someone you know who has lost weight. Many people actually lose weight in the face first. But have you ever heard of someone doing facial crunches?

The best way to get rid of unwanted fat in any area is to do resistance exercises three times a week and engage in frequent cardiovascular exercise -- the kind that gets you sweaty and a little out of breath. This can help you lose weight and shrink your entire body -- particularly your waist, a key area to reduce if you want to save yourself from high cholesterol, high blood sugar, and heart disease. Learn why your waist size matters.

RealAge Benefit: Doing stamina-building exercises -- like brisk walking, jogging, or swimming -- for at least 60 minutes per week can make your RealAge as much as 6.4 years younger.
This discussion has been closed.