My closet is now empty!

Options
So today I went a little nuts and decided to clean out all the clothes in my closet that are now too big. I got a little brave at the end and decided to try on the clothes that were shoved at the back. I have not been able to wear these clothes for 9 years., ever since I got pregnant with my youngest. (Yes, really 9 years!) I sucked it up and tried them on. THEY WERE TOO BIG!!!!!! (Ugly and out of date too!) My daughters were appalled that I even considered wearing them. They laughed when I told them that since they were finally too big I could give them to Good Will. It felt so good!!!!!!! I just needed to share this somewhere and with people that would understand! The baby weight (seriously, probably can no longer call it that!) is gone!

Replies

• kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Enjoy going shopping now!
  • curlygirl71
    curlygirl71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, congratulations! Think of how much fun you will have shopping for new cloths :-)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! I am so looking forward to doing that. I am still wearing my to big baggy clothes because I don't want to spend money on clothes I will wear for a short time...because I AM GOING TO LOSE LOTS MORE!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Woohoo congrats! Very inspiring :)
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I can't wait to be where you are!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!! I'm down 33 and did the EXACT same thing! I tried on even the clothes I hadn't been able to wear since I got pregnant with my oldest (7 years ago). Everything in my closet, (including a couple things I bought but never wore because they were ALWAYS a little too smal)....EVERYTHING not only fit, it was TOO BIG! I gave away a bunch too. Some things were out of style as well... but I just gave the older style stuff the Knoxville Area Rescue Mission.

What an amazing feel it was and what a fun time I had!! So glad for you to experieve the same WONDERFUL thing! Now...just want my siz'e 10's to get huge on me, too!!

Congratulations!!!! What a GREAT feeling!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo proud of you!

Susan
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Options
    WOW that is awesome! I know that you must really feel so good right now. I hope that you continue your success! It is really amazing how quick styles change...I cleaned mine back in the winter just to get rid of some crap and I was really shocked with some of the stuff. I think I packed 5 kitchen garbage bags full!

Keep up the good work!
  • DAKTHREE
    DAKTHREE Posts: 52
    Options
    WOW!!! You have inspired me to the max!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    Very cool! Congratulations!!!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Shop-therapy is much better than food-therapy! :)
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats. It is time to reward yourself with some new clothes that fit properly! I am always amazed at how much better I feel with a new outfit that fits :bigsmile:
  • dmwood
    dmwood Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have definitely earned a shopping trip! Keep on living healthy. :)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    awesome job!! I just did this same thing 2 weeks ago!!! happy that the old stuff now fits but like you said out of date!!! going shopping is so much more enjoyable now but I am not done yet..

again good job!!