I'm just about done

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have not lost a lb in 8 months. Yet I know there is still about 5 I could lose. I'm getting smaller I can see it, but I'm not losing a damn thing.

Give up, go for it. Don't log, easy done.

Winners never quit, quitters never win.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Well for the last 4 months not 1 single solitary pound. Same diet, Same exercise, mixed up the exercise to incorporate more variety and intensity.

Congratulations on your success so far! Based on your quote above, I suggest you have MFP recalculate your goals based your your current weight. Having lost 42 pounds (according to your ticker) your TDEE is now less than at the weight you were upon joining MFP. A lighter person (which you are now compared to when you joined) burns fewer calories, so you need to allow MFP to recalculate your energy needs based on your current weight.

I am sorry if you have already done this, but I am assuming you have not based on your "same diet" comment above.

Don't give up, you are more than halfway to your goal!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    see you when you put the 45lbs back on!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WOW - how sad! willing to give up on your ownself cause you dont see progress !

this is a puzzle game, you find the right pieces until it all fits together! YOU KEEP SEARCHING !
    I TRIED 5 TIMES TO LOSE WEIGHT , this is my 6th time - I AM NOT GIVING UP !!! AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU !
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point of giving up when you've directly experienced the weight loss and everything that comes along with it. Maybe you'll feel better when you gain another 45 lbs and need to lose weight to be healthier again?

Good luck.

^This. Not going to coddle you. If the 45lbs you've lost so far means so little that you are willing to give up, then you probably weren't going to last for the long run. It's taken me 3 years of ups and downs, but I'm getting there. I've gone weeks without inches or pounds lost but I've kept going and broken through physical, mental, and emotional walls.

Best of luck to you. Hope you can find peace and happiness with yourself.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Good bye and good luck. When you get serious, we are here.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think you should quit.

Whilst you need a calorie deficit to lose fat you don't need to count calories to achieve that state. If you find that it has become overly burdensome and intrusive into your ordinary life then it has become a hindrance not a help.

I would hope you still pursue your fat loss goals but look into other plans which could help you achieve that goal. Find the one that fits you best, stick with it and I am sure success will be attained.

Do not be afraid to experiment.

Good luck.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem even to start with. I did lots of exercises and ate healthily, but not a single pound lost. Then I realise that I was eating too much. You need to eat 1200 calories, no matter what exercises you do. Then you will see the results. I have noticed that as soon as I eat 1400+, no weight loss would happen even if I did lots of exercises during the day :(.

There is so much FAIL in this statement, I don't even know where to begin.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    99% of success is failure. If you give up, youll lose the chance of continuing your success.

If you leave that is your choice, but we'll be here when you want to come back and continue pushing for success.....

good luck!
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    if you are overweight still you should suck it up and keep going. There could be a number of reasons affecting your fat loss.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know for sure because you weren't consistent with your diary, but you haven't been tracking sodium or potassium. Management of electrolyte balance is important to weight loss. It is not enough to just drink water. You have to be sure that you are getting enough potassium and not too much sodium. Otherwise, your body will hold on to water and it won't look like you are losing.

Also, if you do not eat enough to satisfy your basic nutritional needs, and you are persistently burning copious amounts of calories, then you put yourself at risk of a cortisol-induced plateau.

There are reasons behind what is hindering your weight loss. You just have to be willing to educate yourself well enough to combat it.

But I suppose it's just easier to give up. Best of luck!