Starting all over again! Ugh!

Options
So... I'm just venting. :grumble: This whole weight-loss thing has been so frustrating. I don't have that much to lose, overall -- 15 pounds or so, but I am a true sugar addict, and cutting all of the junk out of my diet has been a gigantic feat! The first couple of weeks were great -- stayed within my calories, exercised nearly every day. I felt pretty good, but the scales and the tape measure didn't show any change, which was a bit irritating. I struggled last week, but yesterday ran a 5k, and was kind of feeling like maybe I was getting back on track. Today, however, the hormones or something kicked in (sorry, guys) and I ate my weight in ice cream, Little Debbies, and pizza. :frown: Ugh!! I need a kick in the skin-tight pants!

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I've eaten my weight in ice cream also just stand up brush off at start again
  • superjarrod1616
    superjarrod1616 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5K. That is great. Don't worry about the slip up, just try to get lots of water in tomorrow, it really helps to flush the system and get back with your program. You can do it!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It's ok it happens to all of us at somepoint (including me this weekend). Just Remember....

Mistakes do not Define You ~ Taking Responsibility for them, Learning from them and Moving on. That Defines You.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Heh! It was Dairy Queen last night for me. (Fast food burgers and such for those of you who never heard of DQ.) I spent the last several days with my parents while my dad was having knee replacement surgery. A bit of stress combined with eating out and such, and last night I just kinda lost it a bit! *lulz* I did burn a whole buncha calories swimming laps for an hour, but I still ended up being over 300 calories over goal. I've done damn near perfect up until now. Oh well. I'm back in the controlled, low stress environment I've cultivated for myself and back to my healthy eating and exercise regimen.

You just gotta say c'est la vie and hang in there until TOM goes away. You can do it!!!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    It can take some time for hard efforts to go through. Also your TOM might be making you retain water so you actually might weight less than the scale says...

I can't see your food diary but if you are eating a lot of sodium that makes you retain water as well. Also, if you don't drink enough water you might too... and sometimes this weight loss thing is very frustrating but think of all the benefits you get as well besides losing weight! Longer life for example. :)

Try varying your exercise to see results... if your body is too efficient you might not be burning as much as you think.

So keep up the good work and just think - next time you crave ice cream and little debbies and pizza... you will think of this time and maybe be able to say no!