What is "normal"? "Skinny"? "fat?" "chubby"??? What am I?

Options
How do I determine what weight I want to be at!? I feel like my own subjective opinion is really unreliable. To say there is an ideal weight for me that only I can determine is difficult because no matter how much weight I want to lose, I am never satisfied. I use to say 10lbs was perfect, but after losing it, then I want to lose 10 more?

In my eyes it seems I will never be "skinny" or just looking well.

Most I have weighed in the last 1-2 years was 155lbs. (I am 5'5", medium frame) I currently fluctuate between 133-138lbs. Most consistently around 134lbs. I know I'm not happy, but I don't know when I will be. And i'm now at this awkward point where it's getting a lot harder to continue to move down the scale. I've been doing Insanity Asylum. I like it but it's almost over. Any other ideas?

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Sometimes our goals are more than the number on a scale. Once we are in the healthy weight range. Mine are to increase my energy level and firm up what i have. Mostly to be better as a musician and keep up with my family and career.

So i went to a oerforming arts doctor and he helped me set my goal weight range. Now my goals are to increase my walking, yoga and barre so i develop long lean dancer muscles... A good book to read is ballet beautiful. It helped me!
  • Live4theLift
    Options
    I'm with you, I said oh just 20 lbs at first then I hit that and I said no. I've been dropping my goal every time I hit them. I am going to keep going til I'm happy with my body. I wouldn't worry abt the number on the scale. Once you can look in the mirror and say yea I'm confident with my body then I say dieting is over