switched up alot in my diet

Options
Recently (2 months ago) i started eating healthier. i eat more fruits and veggies and white meat poultry, tuna, white fish, & grains. i cut out red meat (never was a big fan) and pork (working at Bob Evans restaurant yes it was very hard because i'm around pork all the time!!!) but i did it. i've up'd my proteins. whenever i'm craving something sweet, i have chobani yogurt fat free i love the blueberry one, my fave. i also started liking those 60 cal pack prunes. i dont use salad dressing on my salads. i use balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil w/oregano and a little pepper. i also use romaine lettuce or green leaf lettuce and i like to throw some baby spinach in with it. did i mention i am a waterholic? lol yea i love water. my co-workers told me that they're gonna make me a t-shirt that says 'fish out water' they think i can't survive without it. before i started 'changing my ways' i was knocking down the door of 300lbs by about 15 lbs. i wasnt thrilled. i had become sick (2 months ago) and my doc weighed me and said i dropped about 15. so that kind of encouraged me to start working out.(once i was well again) after my 1st 3 weeks, i knocked down another 15!!!! my clothes are definately looser and i feel good. my skin is clear(not that it wasnt before, but still). i recently(mothers day wknd) got sick again with a severe sinus infecton which caused me to not be able to work out because i couldnt freaking breathe!!!! i was going nuts!!! during that time i managed to gain about 3-4 lbs. i was crushed! so once i got better i picked myself up and went racing to the gym for my daily 1,000+ calorie burn. i have goals and i'm determined to meet them. if anyone has any suggestions on food options and or workout options please feel free to inform me. i love suggestions!!! i currently do (in this order) the arc trainer, stationery bike, elliptical and treadmill. all equaling out to 90 minutes of cardio. can't wait to hear from ya's!!!!

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Hey there -

Good luck on your loss so far and congratulations on not letting a bad weekend ruin your long term goals!

I think the important part about working out is knowing you aren't going to lose it all overnight... the key to my success so far has been keeping it interesting. For example I try to swim some days, speed work some days, running long distances, pilates, calisthenics... whatever I am in the mood for, I try to do. That way I don't dread the workout. Most days I get home from work, I can't WAIT to get outside and do some exercise!! And I think that is the most important part.

I would offer you my thoughts on food but I am not the one to give it. I am good at logging everything but I cannot resist temptations (I think I had pizza 3-4 times last week...) but really I think moderation is key in food as well as exercise.. just keep life interesting.

I have been wanting to join a class at a gym (zumba, aerobics) to meet people because I think workouts are fun if you do them with a partner. Maybe that's an idea too.

Best of luck in your journey toward being healthy!
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good mindset and motivation to lose the weight! You are eating the right foods and doing plenty of exercise, so it sounds like you are doing everything right!! You go girl!! Best of luck on your journey!