Snacks are taking up my calories!

Options
13»

Replies

• cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go on youtube. Thousands of how-to videos on any dish you could name. Browse them until you view one that looks simple to you and looks interesting and tasty to you. Then cook it. Then repeat the process and soon you'll have a bunch of dishes you can cook.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    why don't you just snack on carrots and drink a ****load of water?
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Its not that I dont cook, some days I just have serious chocolate cravings and on those days I have very small meals. Take yesterday, I had my eggs for breakfast (277 calories) then around 400 calories of chocolate, including other sugary snacks, and then a 400 calorie microwave meal (microwave because Im home at 5 from school and then gym at 6 or 7 just means I cant be bothered to cook, its not so much about not being able to, as I often do have cooked food) Its just about priorities, if you want to snack, have smaller meals or merge breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My entire diet is based on snacking. Work with your weakness. I know I can't not snack so I don't eat meals (except a small dinner with the boys) and all my calories go to snacks. Keep in mind you need to make your snacks healthier so that you get what you need from them. Humans are grazing creatures we aren't bears we do not eat big meals and then skip food for days we are more like pigs we are built to forage and if we sit still and eat big meals it fattens us up..... mmm bacon.
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I will teach you how to cook endless meal combinations in one post... you'll be amazed!

1) (optional) Slice meat into strips
    2) (optional) toss meat strips into hot pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil
    3) Chop up some veggies, whatever ones you want... go wild!
    4) Toss dem veggies in the pan
    5) cook 'em up until they are softened but still crisp
    6) chuck in some diced garlic and some soya sauce.
    7) eat it... on top of rice or noodles if you want.

^^^^^^ very good recipe for great food. If it is too salty, get low sodium soy sauce.

You could literally eat a stir fry every day but never have the same thing twice... SO SO SO easy! (and once you can pan fry food, you have a basic stepping stone to other cooking)
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    My entire diet is based on snacking. Work with your weakness. I know I can't not snack so I don't eat meals (except a small dinner with the boys) and all my calories go to snacks. Keep in mind you need to make your snacks healthier so that you get what you need from them. Humans are grazing creatures we aren't bears we do not eat big meals and then skip food for days we are more like pigs we are built to forage and if we sit still and eat big meals it fattens us up..... mmm bacon.
    :) like tht
  • kristacali
    kristacali Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What is the difference of calories and net calories?
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    What is the difference of calories and net calories?
    i have no clue. thats why i was asking . im gnna google it. but someone said you should focus on net calories.