Low Calorie Snacking Foods

Options
So lately I've been stress eating/stress snacking (it's finals week), and it's killing my calorie goals for each day because what I snack on is mostly cookies, peanut butter (good for you, but still a lot of calories), and sometimes dried cranberries (also not very good as far as calories).

I drink some really good tea, and sometimes that helps, but I wanted to know if anyone had any foods that they keep around to munch on when they want food but don't need to eat or don't need to eat more calories. Is there something you bake or cook, or what are your favorite small fruits to keep around. Is there a box or bag of something that you buy that you like to keep on hand to eat in small portions?

Replies

• frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    first. i chug wwater. sometimes i find that im just thirsty, then i pop in some gum. if none of the above work, and i have to snack, i love some salted celery, cuties clementines, laughing cow light cheese, pop chips/popcorn, frozen grapes, 100 calorie packs (only good if u can limit urself to one!) sometimes, if i have the time, i will make my own snack mix with different nuts and maybe some goldfish, dried fruit etc and portion it off into little bags

good luck my dear :)
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is don't have those foods around to binge on. Try replacing them with fruit- I love some berries or peaches in skim milk or with cottage cheese. Greek yogurt is great too. Another option is a healthy cereal. Just make sure you measure and limit the amount. Also, try going for a walk or doing some exercise when you start to crave something. Sometimes the craving goes away with that.
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop...It's low calorie popcorn and very good (in my opinion, of course).
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Blueberries from walmart. 25 cal per small container ( I think), it comes with 3 containers and has a yellow colored wrapping.
  • lovelymrsbasham
    Options
    I'm probably going to give you the typical answer but still an answer non-the-less ^_^
    I personally snack on fruit and veggies most of the time. I have cuties, bananas, grapes. I even munch on carrots and cherry tomatoes with a tablespoon of ranch dressing. You really just gotta look into what you like but you can never go wrong with fruits and veggies!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    pretzel sticks. 100 cxal cracker packs, 100 cal cookie packs
  • jozeyeltoro
    Options
    apples full of fiber , bananas, some nuts are 1/2 -1 cup per serving also good fiber , most veggies , skinny cow icecream,, gum no sugar , water and green tea start with those they really help me , good luck